Scalloped borders easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalloped borders easy way

just saw this video. very nice way to finish a scalloped border. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnc0qdJ0A0c

Scallop and vine ruler by Quilt in a Day is an awesome tool to make a scalloped border. Jenny demonstrates it in a tutorial she did a number of years ago. I was afraid to try it, but once I did, I was hooked! It makes a plain quilt look very classy! There are directions that come with the ruler to help you figure out how big to make each scallop.

Comment

This really makes for a simple scalloped edge. Love that it doesn’t have to be binded afterwards. Gonna have to give this a try soon!
      Last edited by cindirae; September 11, 2020, 03:33 AM.
      Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

I've made scalloped before using Quilt In A Day ruler but didn't do the deep dips on it either. just a gentle curve and used regular binding. I just loved the corner treatment she did in video. i will have to watch it again.

Comment

I love my Quilt In A Day Scallops and Vines ruler, but this method has two advantages: no binding plus those adorable corners. I'm sure I'll use this method someday, too.
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
          X