Best quilt article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best quilt article

I ran across this article. I believe all quilts should be celebrated...I did gasp at some of the prices these are going for. I've seen so much talent here on this forum ...I'm like are these really what should represent the best quilts!. Not trying to be a snob just truthful! Anyway I wanted to share.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.c...st-quilts.html

Are you kidding me???? guess I'm a truthful snob also
    Kathryn
    Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

My mom's voice keeps whispering, "To each his own."

What caught my eye was the column title - The Strategist- Ask a Cool Person - ie a person that can do some internet research/ shopping lacking true understanding of what goes into making a quilt.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I guess if you really want to be technical these are quilts; ie, they have layers stitched together. Some look more duvetish to me. Also (except for the vintage quilt) they all read modernish to me. I guess I am a snob in that I like classical quilts. I agree, Katrina, to each his own.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Yup..to each their own. I too prefer traditional quilts.
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I agree!! I just think it's sad that we're represented this way...we are so much more..I feel steongly enough to reach out to the author.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              You go girl! It would be good for her to get some more information from an experienced quilter and from the quilting community.

hmm...I liked all the quilts. A decent blanket costs around $150. A well made pieced quilt costs at least $1000. All in (sheets, shams, pillows) maybe $1500, with handmade quilts. How many people spend that much money on good bedcloths? Really. These featured quilts are between $100 - $200. Don't hate me.
            Diana Grey

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Never!! Thats why i shared. I agree all quilts should be celebrated. Do i think this is a good representation of the best quilts ...no. not dismissing the work!!

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with Rachel. All quilts are wonderful and everyone has their own tastes in them. I agree with you too Diana, they are a good price for quilts and not everyone can afford to pay $1000-1500 for one. However, I also don't believe they are a representation of the best quilts out there. Perhaps the author meant best quilts that are affordable ?? Yet she didn't state that if I recall correctly. It is misleading, I think.
          Working...
          X