Printable yardage chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printable yardage chart

I've come across a couple of online fabric shops that want you to use decimals instead of fractions.

4 1/4'' = 1/8 yd = .11 meters

https://blog.treasurie.com/wp-conten...sion-chart.pdf

It prints out in different colors too🌈
    🌺 Lorie

That's good information to have.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Are they Canadian?
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
        Are they Canadian?
        That's a random question, lol Why?
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Because in Canada we use the metric system. When I would shop in the US, I would automatically ask for a metre instead of a yard. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have the conversion chart when shopping Canadian/USA stores.

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought after that might be why. I looked and couldn't find a location, but her patterns are in US dollars. It's a a nice blog.
          https://blog.treasurie.com/start-here/

I've had to learn metric because I've gotten into beads and everything is sold in mm. I associated at first. Like 5mm is the size googly eyes I bought for a kid project. So that size bead is too small. lol I have a cheat chart that helps like 6mm =a little under 1/4''. I don't mind learning it. They should of taught it in school a long time ago though.

That is of course a conversion from inch to metric. I'm not sure why we are still using the "crude" inch system in this country, especially fractions. Metric system of measurement is so much more precise than the imperial system.
        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          I once knew a guy who was a machinist. He said that the metric system did not work well for machining, but that measuring in 1/1000 of an inch was more practical. My brain just doesn't understand measurements that small.

Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
        That is of course a conversion from inch to metric. I'm not sure why we are still using the "crude" inch system in this country, especially fractions. Metric system of measurement is so much more precise than the imperial system.
        This is from a FAQ on a site I visit

Q: Can I order fractional yardage?
        A: Yes, use your decimals:
        Yardage Conversion Chart
        1/8 = .125 1/4 = .25 1/3 = .333 3/8 = .375
        1/2 = .5 5/8 = .625 2/3 = .667 7/8 = .875

Q: Can I order just half a yard?
        A: Yes and no. Our computer system can't figure out why you don't want a full "unit". Please call Customer Service at xxx-xxx-xxxx for assistance.

🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
        X