Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobW
    replied
    It's interesting. I'm going to try it sometime.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    Well, the video is from a sewing store that sells Bernina -- what did you expect? ;-)

• Bernina2
    replied
    Finally watched the video.
    This method requires you to buy
    2 specialty feet.

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    commented on 's reply
    Check out the video if you can. She sews the yarn onto the fold of the binding then proceeds as normal with a machine binding. The yarn inside the binding acts like a guide to keep your stitching line straight.

• Bernina2
    replied
    I have no idea why someone would want to bind a quilt with yarn. (?)
    it just doesn’t seem like it would be durable. Fabric bindings are durable
    especially for quilts that are washed frequently. Fabric and yarn just doesn’t seem like a good combination
    for a quilt in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    That is brilliant for a quilt that's made to be loved! You get a gorgeous, strong binding and it goes super fast. I agree with everyone else, however, that it would have been nice to see her do a corner.

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied
    I haven't tried it but it's so intriguing...I might just give it a go on a practice sandwich to see how it works with the corners.

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied
    Have any of you tried this? I also wonder about the corners. It is a cool idea . Thanks for posting it Chelea

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied
    It does look interesting, I wish she would have demonstrated turning at the corners, it is easy or fussy with the yarn?

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    started a topic machine binding trick with yarn

machine binding trick with yarn

this looks interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4Q...ature=youtu.be
Working...
X