Batting on wheels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting on wheels!

I wonder if this really would work before I take apart a chair has anyone made something like this? If it does its rather clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UKk...kelZXxWN5fIKqk
    Last edited by TMP; June 11, 2020, 11:06 PM.

Who would have thought! Clever minds.
    Carlie

Comment

That is clever. i was thinking of something else that rolls like that. A rolling plant stand. There are different types and you might need a different solution for the poll. You could make a different size too.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rolling+p...f=nb_sb_noss_1
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is so cool! I'm tempted!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Dang...just last week thru out my DH's old "office" chair!

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            Putting you on speed dial to let you know when and where I see chairs!!

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment

Why do videos take so LONG to get to the good stuff? I gave up 2 minutes in.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• auntstuff
            auntstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            slow satellite 'net. Can't FF til its actually loaded that ft.

• chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            nope, I'm so annoyed that I don't want to hear what they have to say, so no ff

• TMP
            TMP commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought it was long to and I also FF thru it . I have a chair and I am just waiting for someone to come over and help me get the top off.

I showed Mike when he got home. He's got a chair that's slated for destruction and disposal, he's going to ask if he can bring the bottom home.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a pleasant surprise to see my LAQ, Page Johnson. She is a fantastic quilter. I recognized one of the quilts behind her (the one on the left, only partially visible). That quilt took first place at the Houston International Quilt Show a couple of years ago. It's too bad she didn't give a studio tour, though from the comments above, many people would not have been interested.

Comment

That was a pretty good idea she came up with and looks easy to do. I wouldn't be able to do that because I don't buy batting by the bolt, not enough room to store it.

Comment

Very clever...people are so creative.
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I made one! I gathered up tools and tried to take the bottom off and could not figure it out. If I had watched the video all the way thru ( it was so long) to begin with I would have seen that there is a tiny little thing on the bottom of the base that you pop off with a screw driver and poof the chair comes apart.
                  Not sure where I am going to keep it and my batting did not come with plastic over it like hers did. thumbnail.jpg

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That looks great!

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                  I made one! I gathered up tools and tried to take the bottom off and could not figure it out. If I had watched the video all the way thru ( it was so long) to begin with I would have seen that there is a tiny little thing on the bottom of the base that you pop off with a screw driver and poof the chair comes apart.
                  Not sure where I am going to keep it and my batting did not come with plastic over it like hers did. thumbnail.jpg
                  Make your own bag, a little painter's plastic drop cloth and painter's tape...i'm sure you can do it.

Comment

Such a good idea!! Thank you

Comment

I think this is awesome! My Dad was so clever doing things like this. Way before there were TV's with a timer button on the remote....my dad (who was an Electrician by trade.) made each one of we three girls a timer. You plugged your TV into this little steel box (about 5" x 8").....the timer was set for 2 hours I think. It was great when I was a teen and would watch a movie or a show and then fall asleep.....
                      It was amazing how smart my dad was.....and he only had an 8th grade education!!! I inherited the obsession for new "toys" too. My dad would have loved to have lived long enough to have his own PC in the house and I'm positive he would have had a cell phone before any of his friends did! My dad always taught his three daughters to be self-reliant. More than once he'd say "Never be dependent on anyone. There's nothing you can't do if you set your mind to it." He taught me more about cars than many of the boy friends I had growing up! Daddy told all three of us that just because we were female, well that didn't give us the excuse to be dependent on a man!! I somehow wondered if in the back of Daddy's mind if he knew I would one day have a chronically ill husband and would have times that I had to do things on my own. Maybe, maybe not. He taught my older sister and younger sister the same things.

I love watching You Tube videos where people are showing something they've made for a hobby or to make their jobs easier.

If you have a Habitat For Humanity ReStore (re-sell shop) in your area, often you can find Computer Desk chairs for under $4-$5 bucks. I have two PC desk chairs that I found in the county where my doctor's office is. Both of these chairs were on the curb waiting for the garbage man to pick them up. I did ask if I could have the chairs and the guy that answered the door looked at me as though I'd lost my mind. LOL!

There's a video where this gal re-does her PC Desk Chair. So, I have a couple of friends who have held off purchasing a new desk chair and thought I'd re-do both chairs for these gals for a B-day gift.
                      Here's the YouTube channel I'm referring to.
                      https://youtu.be/5Mq3UdvjAOY
                      I'm also looking for a dresser to re-do for a media cabinet. I'm going to purchase two new Smart TV's and get rid of the cable. Years ago, I stumbled onto a You Tube channel called "April Bee"...and it was a young woman who purchased old furniture from Goodwill or Garage Sales. She would take them home, strip them and either paint them or re-stain them, etc. She has two YouTube videos I was amazed with. One she purchased two new three drawer dressers from Ikea. I put the video below.
                      April Bee explains how she transformed those dressers into nightstands and saved herself a great deal of money! :
                      https://youtu.be/KkF5e-mAObo
                      (I'm going to make one of these for a Graduation Gift for my oldest granddaughter who graduates next year from HS)
                      https://youtu.be/KkF5e-mAObo
                      Here's another idea from April Bee on how to take an old dresser, rehab it to use for a Entertainment Center:
                      https://youtu.be/m1G81jwA3rw
                      Here's another idea on how to make an Entertainment Center out of a used dresser:
                      https://youtu.be/Kn8UbJWU7Jw
                      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                      X