Zinck's Fabrics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinck's Fabrics?

This past week, a friend and I traveled to the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area to visit our favorite quiltshops (Burkholders, The Log Cabin). We've been going there for a number of years but neither of us had ever heard of Zinck's Fabrics. Any of you familiar with this treasure in the Lancaster area? There are two other Zinck's fabric shops in Ohio and Indiana. The reason I found it is because it somehow showed up in my Pinterest feed. They had a really nice selection of quilting fabric but the best thing was the prices. All around $4.99 or $5.99 per yard! They also had a huge side of this warehouse with fabric that would be used for sewing clothes. Neither of us do that anymore, so we were more interested in the cotton quilting fabric. Just wanted to pass along this great find! https://www.zincksfabric.com/ I believe you can order online from them as well.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

I have shopped the Zinck's in Ohio for years. It is huge, they have a nice variety of quilt fabrics, panels, flannel as well as notions at a great price. There is also demin, dress fabric and home dec fabric too.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I have been in that area lots of times but never heard of them before.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Love the one in Ohio. It’s a couple of hours away, so I try to get there a couple times a year.
        Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

The one in Ohio is just down the road from me about a half-hour or little more. I told my husband the other day that I want to get back there one day soon, when I feel more comfortable going shopping in busy places.

Comment

I think Dolores has taken me to the one in Ohio. It's a pretty special place!

The one we went to is in Berlin. The one room has bolts of solid colored fabrics and if you buy the entire bolt, it's pretty darn cheap per yard. The Amish women come in and buy it like that. When they have their families with them, they are all wearing dresses and shirts of the same fabric.
            Last edited by bubba; June 8, 2020, 11:07 PM.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep - that's the one near me! Berlin is a fun place.

Have you been to Old Country Store Fabrics in Intercourse, PA? That's my favorite quilt shop in the Lancaster area. Their online store is where I get a lot of fabric but every couple years I make the 4 hour drive to the brick and mortar store.
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
              Have you been to Old Country Store Fabrics in Intercourse, PA? That's my favorite quilt shop in the Lancaster area. Their online store is where I get a lot of fabric but every couple years I make the 4 hour drive to the brick and mortar store.
              Yes, the Old Country Store Fabrics is definitely one of our stops. They were not open, however, during the shutdown like other shops were. I totally respect that. Just this weekend, I realized I was a tiny bit short of one fabric that I bought there and needed it for a quilt. I ordered online Friday night and I received it in the mail today. That's great turnaround! Their shop just opened Friday, June 5. I like going there during Quilt week when they are open until midnight on the Friday. Lots of giveaways and fun.
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                I so miss not going there. I went on a bus trip for quite a few years and stayed in Lancaster as it was our base.
            Working...
            X