How To Make A Scrappy Quilt Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Make A Scrappy Quilt Block

I was watching Jenny's latest quilt tutorial just a few minutes ago, and like always I found something that I thought might be fun to do, especially with all the fabric scraps I have lying around in boxes!! I think it's better to try to use them up (now that I'm starting to feel somewhat better!) than the suggestion a friend of mine had which was to just "toss" them into the trash (she doesn't sew or quilt...not crafty at all, so I kind of understand her mindset, however, even my cat looked shocked when she sad that!!! LOL!)
    Enjoy this YouTube video everyone!
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

I made a bunch of those on a recent quilt I worked on, now it is waiting to be quilted.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's really cool....great scrap buster

Comment

I have been saving my used dryer sheets that I intend to square up and use as a base for these blocks. I like the idea of recycling and they smell good too. Thanks for the video. I like her idea of finding the center seam before squaring up the blocks.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

These are fun to do. I've used paper from old telephone books but it's a bit tedious taking it out after sewing. Seem to have a stack of scraps - can't bear to throw anything out just in case I need it!! Finding the centre line before squaring is a great suggestion.

Comment

That is one serious cutting board🙄 What is it - anybody know or have one?

Comment

Working...
            X