Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another nice site for holiday gift ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: Another nice site for holiday gift ideas!

Originally posted by janluna View Post
    I wouldn't make a candle mat and put all that work in it to have wax melted all over it! lol
    I'd make one to set a vase on it or something like that. Just too much work to make something beautiful to ruin. Sound like a grump don't I? Oh well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I know what you mean but then when I read your post I had an "ah ha" moment and realized all the candles I have now are in jars!! No wax problems there! Think I will make myself one, no wait, I have to make a gift for Saturday......how about a candle mat AND give it with a nice coordinating candle in a jar! Whoo hoo!

Okay, got 3 Christmas blocks done tonight....off to get some zzzzzz's!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Ok, I give up, you gals keep talking about candle mats so I am going to fess up on my ignorance and ask "what the heck are they?"
    I looked at some on google, they look like table mats for putting hot dishes on, but we dont put candles on our tables. HELP
    I wouldn't make a candle mat and put all that work in it to have wax melted all over it! lol
    I'd make one to set a vase on it or something like that. Just too much work to make something beautiful to ruin. Sound like a grump don't I? Oh well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

LOL thats me - lots going on all at once - always looking for something new - good thing i dont sleep much!

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Suzi - no, I have not made the mats yet. They looks so nice! I have so much going on right now I should not be poking around looking for more stuff!! Can't help myself!

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Patti, did you make the mats? They are so easy i backed mine with a heavy outdoor furniture fabric i had and whooohoooo all done

Yep - only 20 miles west from Daytona beach

Leave a comment:

• Laura108
    replied

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
    I should make the rock corner quilt for the beach! great idea!!! yipppppeeeeeeee Daytona here we come!
    Great idea....go Daytona

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Originally posted by Laura108 View Post
    I liked that site and going to try a quick tote bag and the rock corner quilt....We live not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and that will come in handy
    Thank you for finding it
    I should make the rock corner quilt for the beach! great idea!!! yipppppeeeeeeee Daytona here we come!

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

i don't burn candles anymore - have a plug in warmer that melts little chunks of soy wax - much nicer! plus i don't have to worry about it at all. Robin uses candles more as festive decor but i think she might like these. honestly i don't care for halloween much ...... think i will sell off and empty these storage boxes to make room for more spring florals!! YAY!

Leave a comment:

• Laura108
    replied

I liked that site and going to try a quick tote bag and the rock corner quilt....We live not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and that will come in handy
    Thank you for finding it

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Suzi -great blocks and boy, they must be quick! Don't cha just love sewmamasew? First time I ever checked out the tutorials there.
    I have to have a gfit for a birthday party Saturday. I think the candle mat idea is perfect!
    Thanks,
    Patti

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Lynn - they are the same - put a mat under the candle just in case any wax drips so not to get on the table..... or just to decorate with.....
    Thanks Suzi, the ones I looked at sure were pretty, and the ones you have made are cute. I guess it was a little confusing because we just don't normally do candles on our tables.

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Thank you Shauna - I made another 2 while waiting on water to boil for eggs in the morning......

Lynn - they are the same - put a mat under the candle just in case any wax drips so not to get on the table..... or just to decorate with.....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

think i will give them as candle mats to my friend Robin
    Ok, I give up, you gals keep talking about candle mats so I am going to fess up on my ignorance and ask "what the heck are they?"
    I looked at some on google, they look like table mats for putting hot dishes on, but we dont put candles on our tables. HELP

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Suzi they are so cute!! Darling as Jenny would say. LOL

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

Thanks Patti - just spent the last hour on this site - so many fun and quick ideas!! Check out the wonky cross blocks from this page that i just made! http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=6954 think i will give them as candle mats to my friend Robin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X