Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another nice site for holiday gift ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another nice site for holiday gift ideas!

I am trying to find gifts to make that people will use. I stumbled upon these from a site I had saved as a "favorite" awhile ago but never looked at closely. There are lots of sewing and craft projects, just scroll down for quilting projects.

http://sewmamasew.com/tutorials.php
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Re: Another nice site for holiday gift ideas!

Thanks Patti - just spent the last hour on this site - so many fun and quick ideas!! Check out the wonky cross blocks from this page that i just made! http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=6954 think i will give them as candle mats to my friend Robin
    Attached Files
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Suzi they are so cute!! Darling as Jenny would say. LOL
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
        think i will give them as candle mats to my friend Robin
        Ok, I give up, you gals keep talking about candle mats so I am going to fess up on my ignorance and ask "what the heck are they?"
        I looked at some on google, they look like table mats for putting hot dishes on, but we dont put candles on our tables. HELP
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thank you Shauna - I made another 2 while waiting on water to boil for eggs in the morning......

Lynn - they are the same - put a mat under the candle just in case any wax drips so not to get on the table..... or just to decorate with.....
          Attached Files
          hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Lynn - they are the same - put a mat under the candle just in case any wax drips so not to get on the table..... or just to decorate with.....
            Thanks Suzi, the ones I looked at sure were pretty, and the ones you have made are cute. I guess it was a little confusing because we just don't normally do candles on our tables.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Suzi -great blocks and boy, they must be quick! Don't cha just love sewmamasew? First time I ever checked out the tutorials there.
              I have to have a gfit for a birthday party Saturday. I think the candle mat idea is perfect!
              Thanks,
              Patti
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I liked that site and going to try a quick tote bag and the rock corner quilt....We live not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and that will come in handy
                Thank you for finding it
                One Moment at a time

Comment

i don't burn candles anymore - have a plug in warmer that melts little chunks of soy wax - much nicer! plus i don't have to worry about it at all. Robin uses candles more as festive decor but i think she might like these. honestly i don't care for halloween much ...... think i will sell off and empty these storage boxes to make room for more spring florals!! YAY!
                  hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Laura108 View Post
                    I liked that site and going to try a quick tote bag and the rock corner quilt....We live not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and that will come in handy
                    Thank you for finding it
                    I should make the rock corner quilt for the beach! great idea!!! yipppppeeeeeeee Daytona here we come!
                    hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

I should make the rock corner quilt for the beach! great idea!!! yipppppeeeeeeee Daytona here we come!
                      Great idea....go Daytona
                      One Moment at a time

Comment

Patti, did you make the mats? They are so easy i backed mine with a heavy outdoor furniture fabric i had and whooohoooo all done

Yep - only 20 miles west from Daytona beach
                        hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Suzi - no, I have not made the mats yet. They looks so nice! I have so much going on right now I should not be poking around looking for more stuff!! Can't help myself!
                          Patti

Comment

LOL thats me - lots going on all at once - always looking for something new - good thing i dont sleep much!
                            hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                              Ok, I give up, you gals keep talking about candle mats so I am going to fess up on my ignorance and ask "what the heck are they?"
                              I looked at some on google, they look like table mats for putting hot dishes on, but we dont put candles on our tables. HELP
                              I wouldn't make a candle mat and put all that work in it to have wax melted all over it! lol
                              I'd make one to set a vase on it or something like that. Just too much work to make something beautiful to ruin. Sound like a grump don't I? Oh well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
                              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                              X