New Ways to Use Tumbler Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ways to Use Tumbler Template

Hi guys! I have both sizes of the tumbler templates. Has anyone ever used them to make patterns other than the basic
    "side by side" version? I did some google searching, and really have found nothing except that basic pattern? Anyone?

Re: New Ways to Use Tumbler Template

i have seen ones that form a flag design by running the tumblers end to end across the quilt. I think someone on here made one and had pictures. I have made one with rows of colors going diagonally across to form a zigzag.
    Attached Files
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I Lulu, I have not used a tumbler template yet, but it is high on my list of things I want to do. I have also googled it and found some amazing patterns. My bookmarks list is about a mile long...LOL
      Donna
      MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Someone had a flag wall hanging and i took that idea and made a flag quilt using the tumblers end to end....
        Attached Files
        Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Super idea.... gonna be using mine soon i think....
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Hi! I just finished a tumbler quilt. It's the first time I used the template so I sort of guessed at a pattern. I ended up fussy cutting part of the backing fabric because I thought my nephew would like the helicopters on the front of the quilt too. I'll try to post a photo here. If it doesn't work, the pic is on my 2nd album if you want to check it out.
            Attached Files
            cellomom:icon_wave:

Comment

I so love the bright colours on your quilt, I hope you nephew enjoys his quilt
              Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

Thank you! I hope he enjoys it too. I made a quilt for his sister last month so each will have their own to snuggle up when it gets cold.
                cellomom:icon_wave:

Comment

You girls are good with that template! Very creative!!!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Cellomom View Post
                    Hi! I just finished a tumbler quilt. It's the first time I used the template so I sort of guessed at a pattern. I ended up fussy cutting part of the backing fabric because I thought my nephew would like the helicopters on the front of the quilt too. I'll try to post a photo here. If it doesn't work, the pic is on my 2nd album if you want to check it out.
                    This is really cute!

Comment

I found this pattern and thought you might be interested in it. Site: www.cluckclucksewpatterns.com Scroll down the page till you find the pattern titled Kaleidoscope. Chris
                      Chris

http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me

Comment

I used one last christmas to add some colour and interest to a black apron. I appliqued the curves on to the apron, but you could do similar with a quilt. Sorry the pic is sideways

apron.JPG
                        Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns

Comment

Hi! Tina, I love the apron! That idea would be perfect for making a little boys' Road Quilt. I have two little GS and I need to be thinking about how I could make a floor quilt for them to play on. Chris
                          Chris

http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me

Comment

This is the finished American Flag quilt with the 5" tumblers on their sides, end to end. 13 strips, and the stars are done with the "flying geese" template. Also, quick and easy. I was surprised at how easy the stars were to do, especially since it was my first time doing something like that.
                            Attached Files
                            Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Apron idea is brilliant.... gives me an inspiration!!!!!
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X