Community Support For Tutorials - Calling all quilting volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Community Support For Tutorials - Calling all quilting volunteers

Great idea for anyone - but where are all these written directions located????

Comment

You can go to http://quiltingtutorials.com and find many of them and you can download the video transcript too!

Comment

thanks ellie - appreciate it! now off to part-time job to pay for my quilting supplies! lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisaau View Post
          people still use dial up ????
          If you live in the country, you often have no other choice! I lived in rural MO. for 5 years and that was the only wire that came near my house, except the electric line. And satellite was way too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Holmes View Post
            Good Afternoon,

I went ahead and created #5 The Easy Tube Pillowcase Tutorial. Basically took images from the video and put them in to a tutorial. Please have a look and see if everything is clear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7283[/ATTACH]
            I would press the piping toward the cuff before I sewed the side seam. Other than that, the tutorial was very easy to understand. Good job.

Comment

Wow, thanks to everyone who put the time and effort into transcribing and turning the videos into something we can print and go. You all are amazing.

Comment

I just finished a Light/Dark quilt myself and will do the Tutorial for this one -- Thanks to everyone! What a great idea.
                Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Hi I'm Jenny from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. We have a wonderful project for you this week, for Turnover time. We call this project Light and Dark.

What we do is take 1 of the turnovers and we match it with a lighter square in the package, or in this case we've used muslin. You lay them one on top of each other, do your 1/4" seam, iron them open and if you lay them in the direction, you'll see how they make a nice pattern and really make the colors pop.
                  We've used, for this example right here (in the You-tube Tutorial), we've used Kansas Winter Turnover pack, and we partnered them with the light and dark and we had so many turnovers left over from this little table topper that we actually made a patchwork binding for it. Where we sewed the turnovers together and cut them in 2 1/2" strips to do our binding. It's really a fun and quick project and makes a beautiful table topper. We hope you enjoy your time this week at Turnover time at the Missouri Star Quilt Company.
                  Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

some of us who live in the country do. not me but I have limited hotspot. I understand the need of this.
                    I am very limited with data and that is when it works. I believe we are having dsl brought to us ( a country subdivision) but time will tell. I feel for the ones on dial up.
                    Last edited by deedum; March 24, 2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisaau View Post
                      people still use dial up ????
                      some of us who live in the country do. not me but I have limited hotspot. I understand the need of this.
                      I am very limited with data and that is when it works. I believe we are having dsl brought to us ( a country subdivision) but time will tell. I feel for the ones on dial up.

Comment

The Binding Tool Explained

1. Sew on your binding leaving a 12” opening. You will need a 10” tail on each side.
                        2. But the flat edge of the tool up where you stopped sewing. Bring the binding over the top of the tool and mark as indicated.
                        3. Rotate the ruler 180 degrees and repeat with the binding on the other side.
                        4. Open the binding, laying the right side up and cut from the marks you made. Use the tool to make your cuts, be sure to cut the 1/4” straight line also.
                        5. Sew ends together. Press seam open.

TIPS: Notice how the edge of the ruler has the point trimmed off. If you cut the point off your fabric also they will line up perfect.

Make sure the words on the ruler are always right side up. This will keep the ruler going
                        in the correct direction
                        sigpic

Love Is The Thread That Mends Worn Hearts

Sherry

Comment

I am a night owl and have time, so count me in! I love the five and dime.. so I will stab at it.

Nana B, in Texas
                          I love someone with Autism.
                          sigpic

Comment

I want to help with one but don't know what still is needed.
                            It seemed like an old request.
                            Is there and updated list? I could also help by translating it into Spanish if anyone might need it.
                            -Kristal

http://bonitocolour.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X