No announcement yet.

Not quilting BUT good for craft fairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quilting BUT good for craft fairs.

Ok I know this is not quilting but I have been making these for my BIG dogs. For my really big dogs the total cost is under $3 including my 2.5" strip of fabric.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_073554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1683486

Name:	IMG_20191209_073609.jpg
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1683487

Matching leashes would be under $5 (I haven't done the math yet but the parts are cheap)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HkqVIsideL8

I would think that these would sell well and are small enough to not take up much space.

Re: Not quilting BUT good for craft fairs.

Great idea for our crafty friends. Thanks for sharing!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I used my not so good singer machine to make mine and it did not struggle. Just letting folks know in case there is worry about breaking a good machine.

All the parts are available in smaller sizes too....

It might be something hung over had can draw folks to a booth....that "something different".

Comment

Originally posted by Babs quilts View Post
        I used my not so good singer machine to make mine and it did not struggle. Just letting folks know in case there is worry about breaking a good machine.

All the parts are available in smaller sizes too....

It might be something that can draw folks to a booth....that "something different".
        It should have read as fixed above.

Apparently autocorrect is less than correct.

Comment

Those are really nice!

Comment

They are nice :-) Can you say around how much you sell them for?

Women are Angels.
            When someone
            break's our wings
            we will continue to
            fly...usually on a
            broomstick.
            We're flexible like that.
            - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
              They are nice :-) Can you say around how much you sell them for?

Honest to goodness I started making these just for my own dogs. Everywhere we go people ask where I got the collars.
              They are beefy at 1.5" and the colorful fabrics I have on the others are eyecatching.
              I have paid $15+ for collars that are 1" wide so given how inexpensive these are to make and the interest people show I would sell for $10-15 each.
              Literally my first one took me 10 minutes to make.

This is my 90# dog wearing hers so you can see how beefy they are.

Name:	IMG_20191201_082552.jpg
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1617818

Comment

That sounds like a reasonable price. I really like that they are the wider ones. Your dog is adorable :-) Rottie in him?

Women are Angels.
                When someone
                break's our wings
                we will continue to
                fly...usually on a
                broomstick.
                - embroitique

Comment

I know a lady who sells dog collars and leashes and does really well at shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                    That sounds like a reasonable price. I really like that they are the wider ones. Your dog is adorable :-) Rottie in him?
                    Thanks. No rottie at all. Mom was an airedale dad was a coonhound. She is a good girl....most of the time. We also have a Malamute, a bloodhound, a pitsky and the old guy a wire haired pointer mix. Collars get expensive with so many dogs.

Comment

I just ordered the stuff for 1" wide leashes. I can make 10 leashes 6 ' long for $28 including tax but not including any fabric. That makes each leash $2.80 so well under $5 even with fabric.

Comment

I make and sell dog collars very successfully at craft shows. If you do the same, I suggest you market them as fashion accessories. I had a friend who was threatened with a lawsuit when a collar she made failed at the buckle and the dog got away and was hurt. By marketing them as a fashion accessory rather than a restraint device, you eliminate this possibility.

And I'm not saying that in general they aren't strong enough to use as a restraint, I'm just saying I don't market them that way to avoid any potential trouble. Beyond that, I always recommend a harness anyway for walking your dog and collars as an attractive accessory and for attaching tags to.
                        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Point well taken Suzette. You just never know these days :-(

Women are Angels.
                          When someone
                          break's our wings
                          we will continue to
                          fly...usually on a
                          broomstick.
                          - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                            I make and sell dog collars very successfully at craft shows. If you do the same, I suggest you market them as fashion accessories. I had a friend who was threatened with a lawsuit when a collar she made failed at the buckle and the dog got away and was hurt. By marketing them as a fashion accessory rather than a restraint device, you eliminate this possibility.

And I'm not saying that in general they aren't strong enough to use as a restraint, I'm just saying I don't market them that way to avoid any potential trouble. Beyond that, I always recommend a harness anyway for walking your dog and collars as an attractive accessory and for attaching tags to.
                            I totally agree! Way to many sue happy people out there. We use body harnesses for walking and collars as tag holders.

Comment

Sweet!
                              I have a herd of 15 goats plus the two livestock guardian dogs. We use the web collars to handle them and as neck tag holders. This would be a fun way to dress them up and cost much less.

I suppose I'll have to add those to my To-Do list!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X