I Disliked Joining Strips - I Started Using QR's Mini-Triangle Ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Disliked Joining Strips - I Started Using QR's Mini-Triangle Ruler

Thanks Thayer. I'm going to give it a try. I'm always trying to improve the technical quality of my stitching...aiming not so much for perfection, but more for avoiding aggravation
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

The binding tool is another template that'll cut off that dog-ear and make it easy to line up strips. Of course, if you have triangles, no need to buy yet another template.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing and the excellent pictures (I’m a visual learner). I can’t even count the number of times I have joined my strips incorrectly. I’m looking forward to trying out this method.

Comment

I am for sure going to try this method. I have a horrible time joining anything on a 45 angle. I just finished a quilt with 45 degree angles through out the quilt. Every one of the 15 strip x about 12 pieces each. I was ripping so much I was afraid I broke my seam ripper. LOL Instead of getting better--it got worse. I tried many methods to get these seams correct. Nothing work consistently. I'm binding a quilt soon and will give this a try. I have confidence in it.
          Thanks Thayer for posting it.

Comment

I always use my EZ Angle for anything that is a triangle shape. I was never accurate until I made the cut first.
            EZ Angle.jpg
            When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This is a very good technique. I am able to eyeball it on 2.5" strips but have trouble with squares 4" or larger.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for the great tip!
                quilt patterns

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post

Thank you for this clever idea. I have actually joined my ends with the seam going in the wrong direction and I won't tell you how many times! I am definitely trying this.
                  Guilty of that too! Makes me feel pretty dumb every time that happens. Good to know I'm not the only one who still does this. This is a clever idea and I'm going to try it soon.

Comment

I love this old post. I remember when we had lots of hints and how to's on the forum and it seems we have gotten out of the habbit of sharing so much. Maybe we just believe we all read it the first time or that everyone knew how to except me.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

Wow - this is so much easier for me! Thanks for sharing. I love that as we all learn differently, we can each use the method that works for us, with the same overall result.

Comment

I sure am glad this popped back up. I hate joining strips so much that I started just doing it end to end and skipping the whole angel. I think I'll give this a shot next time.

Comment

I like this. I struggle with angles. No matter what I am a perfectionist and have trouble with good enough vs perfectly lined up so I end up ripping out a few times to find that exact 1/4" match for perfect seams. Yes I know it does not need to be perfect but fo rme it needs to be as close as I can get. I like this idea of cutting then sewing.

Comment

Working...
                          X