Dust ruffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust ruffle

I'm going to do this in steps... mainly because I can't do it all in one go.

I bought two easy eyelet dust ruffles to get the length of 'fluff' (as Mike calls it) to go around the edge of the hexie quilt. I carefully removed the row of elastic that was about 3" from the top edge. (Boy, my floor is going to require the heavy duty vacuum cleaner!) From there I used Best Press and steam make all of those little holes disappear.

That part done, I stitched two rows of basting around the upper elastic, to keep the gathers. Then I cut the elastic off.

I just finished wonder clip clipping the eyelet onto the back of the quilt. One thing is for sure. I won't need many PT exercises today! Don't look at my unmade bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0450.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1682152

The plan is to zigzag the eyelet on. I've left the excess eyelet, because I want to see how it hangs before I cut it off.

I'm going to pin the dickens out of the eyelet when I start working on the binding so it will stay out of the way.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Re: Dust ruffle

That's going to look great, creative thinking!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

What a clever way to do this!!!Going to look great!!!

Comment

Name:	100_0451.JPG
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1616409 Here's the eyelet on the quilt.

I'm going to break for the day, as much as I'd like to keep going, it wouldn't be a good idea.

Tomorrow, the binding will go on. I think I'm going to attach it to the back and pull to the front and use a decorative stitch in the ditch. I'll see what inspiration hits me tonight.
        Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow Katrina, this looks great. What a good idea. You are so resourceful

Comment

that looks soooo good. where did you find that dust ruffle? it looks so nice and long. i ended up buying an 18 inch for my bed. just a tad too long, but much better than the ones i had before. Love your adaptation to your lovely quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
              that looks soooo good. where did you find that dust ruffle? it looks so nice and long. i ended up buying an 18 inch for my bed. just a tad too long, but much better than the ones i had before. Love your adaptation to your lovely quilt.
              Believe it or not, I bought them on line from Home Depot!
              Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Yikes, that's a big project!! That is a really pretty dust ruffle...I'll be anxious to see your project when it's all done.
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Katrina, your quilt with the dust ruffle attached looks fabulous! The length of the ruffle looks perfect!

Comment

Home Depot? wow!!! thanks.

Comment

Name:	100_0455.JPG
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1616412 woot woot! It's DONE!

The linens are changed. I put my purple sheets back on the bed. The quilt is on my bed. Now to see how it sleeps tonight.

lol, Boy are my arms sore and tired!
                      Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Comment

Gorgeous! Love the binding. It's going to be a wonderful night sleep!!!

Comment

Beautiful! I bet you're glad all those hexies are done.

Comment

That turned out great but whoa what A LOT of work that must have been. You are very clever to come up with this idea.I love your hexies! Sweet dreams. Someday tou will look back on this and be amazed at yourself for going to all this trouble! I have done stuff like this "the hard way" and once I get the idea in my head there is no stopping me, I just power through until project is done and then a year or so later I am like patting myself on the back for attempting something so crazy and difficult. So my hat's off to you!!!

Comment

Love your quilt and the creativity with adding the dust ruffle. Quite clever!

Comment

Working...
                              X