An easy way to make a flannel scarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An easy way to make a flannel scarf

I am very excited about seeing this tutorial in my FB feed this morning. Due to a mistake, I have several yards of woven flannel that cannot be used for its intended project - but I have just the right amount to make several of these great scarves.

http://www.ehow.com/ehow-crafts/blog...-fringe-scarf/
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: An easy way to make a flannel scarf

The scarfs would be great, thank you!

Comment

This is so cute and simple. I also have lots of flannel on hand that would make nice scarves.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just saw a similar tute on Pinterest and forgot to save it. People don't wear very many scarfs here, but it gets cold up where I live in a mountain valley. Thanks!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Sylvia, that's a great link and a great idea. Thank you. I know I have some flannel out in my stash, too. I'll take a look later!
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I made my nieces something similar for Christmas this year. I basically used 1 1/4 yards and cut them about 40" square. Then I sewed a straight stitch about 1/2 to 3/4 inch around the whole thing using a small stitch. Sat and watched a football game and pulled the threads up to the stitching. I know you don't have to do the stitching but I felt it would probably help keep it from fraying any further. The big square scarves are really popular now.
            Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
              I made my nieces something similar for Christmas this year. I basically used 1 1/4 yards and cut them about 40" square. Then I sewed a straight stitch about 1/2 to 3/4 inch around the whole thing using a small stitch. Sat and watched a football game and pulled the threads up to the stitching. I know you don't have to do the stitching but I felt it would probably help keep it from fraying any further. The big square scarves are really popular now.
              Thanks for sharing your version - I just may make a few your way as well.
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

If you use Debbie's way it doesn't have to be flannel. I see summer scarfs all the time on TV.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

That's such a good idea as I have decided next Christmas will be a 'handmade' Christmas - this will even go down well for my SIL, DH & DGS!!! Thanks for the link.

Comment

looks easy peasy. Thank you for sharing.
                    VETERAN
                    n. [VET-ER-AN]
                    Someone Who Will Knock You Out
                    For Stepping On
                    The American Flag!

Comment

Somehow I missed this earlier but this is a great idea! I'm gonna look for flannel on sale - it's not something I usually buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
                        Somehow I missed this earlier but this is a great idea! I'm gonna look for flannel on sale - it's not something I usually buy.
                        Just make sure it is the woven flannel. I will experiment with the other type of flannel to see if works for this project. But I think the non-woven would look strange as the backing is usually a solid and lighter color. I'll take some pictures and post for a better explanation.

Comment

I thought of that too, Syliva. I agree that a printed pattern wouldn't look as nice with a more solid backing. I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for some of this fabric on sale.

Comment

Thanks Sylvia. These are cute.

Comment

Thanks Sylvia......putting these on my project list for 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X