Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadsheet of BLOCK patterns

Hi fellow Quilters!

I sat down yesterday and made a simple spreadsheet of all the patterns in our awesome BLOCK magazines. Yea!
    This way, when I see a Quick Tutorial or mention of a quilt pattern, instead of paging yet again through all my BLOCK mags, I can look at my spreadsheet and see where the pattern is.

On my copy of the spreadsheet I intend to add notes of which patterns I've made, which I want to do, etc. And when each new issue of BLOCK comes out, I intend to add those patterns (generally 10) to the list with a new column header, and then re-sort the file by quilt name.

If you aren't used to spreadsheets, you could still add new pattern names with an X in a new column for the next BLOCK issues, etc. And remember, on most web pages, if you hit Control-F, a search box pops up where you can enter a name to FIND.

Below is a link to the file via GOOGLE. When you click on or copy the link, your computer will rightly tell you to be careful -- warning about viruses, etc. You have my word that there is no virus in the file. But practice safe computing and examine the link or whatever to be assured.

Hope this helps some of you as much as it is helping me!
    Evonne Plantinga -- quilting in Dexter, Michigan

https://drive.google.com/a/umich.edu...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Evonne; November 27, 2016, 03:36 PM.

Re: Spreadsheet of BLOCK patterns

What a very nice thing for you to do .
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

http://shops.missouriquiltco.com/blo...erns-by-issue/
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I found the videos. Are the dates on the vids posted in sync with the Block Magazine?

I want pictures before I buy a magazine. If I can't use any of it, why spend the money?

Comment

Thank you for going to all this trouble for us. Kind of like your Christmas gift to the Forum!!! You are sweet.

Comment

Mic Drop! LOL

In all fairness, Evonne can add notes to hers, keep track of those she's done and wants to do, and also do searches on cell contents.

Still, I was feeling "naughty" and wanted to share the smilies above!
            Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
            http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
              Mic Drop! LOL

In all fairness, Evonne can add notes to hers, keep track of those she's done and wants to do, and also do searches on cell contents.

Still, I was feeling "naughty" and wanted to share the smilies above!

I could not open Evonne's link; so if anyone had the same issue I did, there would be an alternative that M*'s website provides. I apologize for posting......feeling "condemned"......
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Evonne! What a great idea and thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Your link is very helpful too Sherri - thanks for that too!!
                Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I can't preview the sheet either and I'm unwilling to download a sheet without previewing. Thanks, sherman, I had lost the link to that one.
                  Cindy

Comment

Great! Can't wait to try it.
                    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

What a great idea. I just joined a couple weeks ago so I shall use your idea when I start receiving them.
                      Thanks
                      Have a blessed day
                      Pam[/I]
                      [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

This is so nice of you, and I wish I could open it. Is there any way for a Mac to open this? I don't recognize any of the programs that were suggested for opening it.

Thanks shermur for posting the link you have.

Comment

Originally posted by happygram View Post
                          This is so nice of you, and I wish I could open it. Is there any way for a Mac to open this? I don't recognize any of the programs that were suggested for opening it.

Thanks shermur for posting the link you have.
                          I see by the extension (xls) that it is an Excel file. I didn't open it as I don't download unknown files from people I don't know. I'm not sure what the Mac equivalent is for Excel, but I am sure there must be something.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                            I see by the extension (xls) that it is an Excel file. I didn't open it as I don't download unknown files from people I don't know. I'm not sure what the Mac equivalent is for Excel, but I am sure there must be something.
                            The Mac equivalent is called Numbers. There is also an OpenOffice spreadsheet program called Calc.
                            Cindy

Comment

Thank you so much! VERY helpful!
                              There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                              X