Rob's Best Ever Tutorial (IMO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob's Best Ever Tutorial (IMO)

Would work well with small quilts, a circle or any other hard to display works of art.

Makes you wonder, why didn't I think of that!

http://quiltingtutorials.com/quilt-p...lt-man-sewing/

Re: Rob's Best Ever Tutorial (IMO)

Anyone tried this?

Comment

Not my thing, but he's so much fun to watch!
      :icon_rolleyes:

Comment

Rob and Jenny both display an abundance of joy and enthusiasm in their craft. Makes it fun to watch even if you don't use the tutorial to make something of your own.

Comment

For me, his best (and only one I would do) is his 3 dudes quilt in the blues and black. I plan to do that one. Already have my Jelly Roll and Honey bun waiting.

But, really can't get into any of the other stuff he's done.

Comment

I thought it was a good way to display small art quilts.

Comment

For some reason I'm just not into watching him.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                For some reason I'm just not into watching him.
                One of these days, I intend to go back and watch his FMQ videos. I passed over them when they came out, but I thought it would be fun to watch them at some point. I do love his energy level. Do you just not like his style?
                Cindy

Comment

I enjoyed his recent tutorial on batting. I've always been leery of poly batting, but why? Because it made me think of my mother's polyester pantsuits back in the day??? The quilting had a nice pop on the poly, though. Maybe I should rethink my aversion to poly.

Comment

I enjoyed the fmq series he did and some of his crafts but most of the quilts he does are either modern or art quilts which sometimes are interesting to watch but just not my style. To each his own.... I guess I'm just a more traditional quilter.
                    :icon_rolleyes:

Comment

I love Rob. When I first started quilting (one year ago) I thought I would be very traditional, but I'm realizing with each project I do, I'm not. I really love his strata quilt and I even bought the identical jelly rolls that he did his with.

Comment

If you like curved, free piecing, Alicia Merrett's videos are where I first found out about it...I made a groovy little wall hanging with colorful batiks...
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQ38B0AJMA

Comment

I love watching Rob, and this one I will try. Thanks Rob for coming up with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenz View Post
                            I love Rob. When I first started quilting (one year ago) I thought I would be very traditional, but I'm realizing with each project I do, I'm not. I really love his strata quilt and I even bought the identical jelly rolls that he did his with.
                            This is why I love watching all kinds of quilters, it's always inspiring and thought provoking. Sometimes I just enjoy a spark of creativity from his videos and it melts into my current project even if it's completely different from what he did. Maybe I just even look at a color combo differently and suddenly a design has more zing.

I was watching an old Eleanor Burns video last night and she was sharing some old quilting ads for patterns. Even traditionalists (well you had to be when there weren't so many designs, haha) way back when we're looking for something a little new and exciting.

Comment

I watch and enjoy every tutorial Rob does. I don't always love the project, but I do love his energy, enthusiasm and zest for life! I find him very uplifting and fun to watch.
                              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
                              X