Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the pattern or pic of the 3 dudes quilt variation

Hi,
    I saw somewhere, a variation for the three dudes quilt. I think it involved sewing 4 jelly roll strips together and cutting 4 blocks out of each strip set. I can't remember the rest. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? Does anyone know where I can find this on the web? I haven't been lucky in my search. Thanks.

BTW, I am a fairly new quilter and I love reading everyone's posts, especially the show and tell.

Re: Looking for the pattern or pic of the 3 dudes quilt variation

Jenny has a video tutorial of it. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Comment

Jenny's tutorial uses 4 strips.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ixv...layer_embedded

my "test" block pictured here used 5 strips.....

the current christmas block swap uses 5 strips and is super fun

hope this helps in your search .......
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pdjewelrylady1; December 1, 2011, 11:44 AM.
      hugs, Suzi
      www.premierdesigns.com
      It's what I do when not sewing with you
      GOD Bless America :icon_wave:

Comment

Think this is it click me!
        Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Oops sorry mitzs!
          Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

This is 30 blocks pieced with a friendship braid border
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pdjewelrylady; December 1, 2011, 11:49 AM.
            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
            hugs, Suzi
            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by KiltedQuilter View Post
              Oops sorry mitzs!
              Thats ok hun, I just now found it. I had to watch a couple because I couldn't remember which one it was! lol

Comment

PD that is just beautiful. I love all those bright lovely colors. How big is your 30 block? Would it cover a queen size bed?

Comment

Yes - it is queen size with the border there is a picture of it on my bed in my albums... LOVE LOVE LOVE the ease of these blocks! the "trick" is to use the same fabric for strips 1 and 5 when you make the strip sets. This creates the center diamond in a color controled pattern. Simple directions are in the swap group thread and I think also on the forum thread for the swap....there is an opening for a swap player if you feel ready to jump quick! ..
                  Last edited by pdjewelrylady; December 1, 2011, 12:23 PM.
                  hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

PD that is just gorgeous. None of these is the one I'm looking for. It's a variation. The blocks are flipped a certain way. Maybe it will ring a bell with someone else. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

hummm can you discribe the block you are looking for? - the name "3dudes" is something Jenny came up with when she did the tutorial to be sure to recognize the guys whose website it came from..... maybe you are looking for a strip twist? I have one of those in my album too ... it is made by strip setting 4 jelly rolls and then subcutting and twisting
                      Attached Files
                      hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Yay, i found the picture that I was looking for. I should have known I saw it right here at the msqc forum. It's under a post titled "3 dudes block" under Sew and Tell. It's a variation of a "German technique" of the hidden wells quilt, a variation of the 3 dudes block.

Comment

Suzi, your strip twist quilt is a real eye-catcher! I LOVE it!
                          *~* Myrna *~*
                          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                            Yes - it is queen size with the border there is a picture of it on my bed in my albums... LOVE LOVE LOVE the ease of these blocks! the "trick" is to use the same fabric for strips 1 and 5 when you make the strip sets. This creates the center diamond in a color controled pattern. Simple directions are in the swap group thread and I think also on the forum thread for the swap....there is an opening for a swap player if you feel ready to jump quick! ..
                            Thanks suzi! I will be doing this one down the road. I just love yours!

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                              This is 30 blocks pieced with a friendship braid border
                              beautiful quilt..I love it...have yet to try this block but will be soon....I have done several of Jenny's blocks from the site and they are fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X