need ideas please help!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need ideas please help!!!!!!!!!

i need help ladys.....ive been quilting for a little over a year now so im pretty good at it now.....but christmas is coming and i need ideas for christmas stocking patterns....ive made up three already....one is 2inch block blocks of all type of fabric.....another one of a four patch and one of just a one fabric....but i need ideas for two more......please help....my mind has went blank on what to make.....and when i look online there is nothing i like that has quilters look....

Re: need ideas please help!!!!!!!!!

Fast and quick for me now are coin quilts and fence rails. Go together in a snap!
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I'm wanting to make my husband and I each a Christmas stocking. However, do not have any "Christmasy" type fabric.

Do you guys think the fabric needs to resemble "Christmas" or what do you think?

Glad you brought this up jennaleigh
      My name is CJ
      My Creations: Photo Albums

My Wishful Wants List (ha ha)

Boobs and pins do NOT mix! Trust me, I know from experience. ;)

Love: Sewing and reading.
      Sewing Machine: Janome New Home Model 108
      Pinterest: My Boards
      Pets:Have 1 dog, named Jake which is a Yellow Lab. :)

Comment

Originally posted by shorte85 View Post
        I'm wanting to make my husband and I each a Christmas stocking. However, do not have any "Christmasy" type fabric.

Do you guys think the fabric needs to resemble "Christmas" or what do you think?

Glad you brought this up jennaleigh
        No, it doesn't have to. These stockings can be made in any fabric that matches your holiday decor:Scrappy Christmas Stockings.jpg

Click the link for the free pattern:
        http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/07/...stockings.html

If you use strips, you can create a christmas tree when you keep the background in one color. Or applique christmas ornament shapes on the fabric you have. Lots of different ways to use none xmas fabric.
        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Blue and white (not cream) are lovely for Christmas too.

Comment

"Hands of its Mine" has a good suggestion there. I've seen pics of these strip stockings and they always catch my eye. Super quick to piece and super quick at this time of the year is just what we need.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I love a plain stocking and accents of another(in particular red with white or vice versa think Scandinavian Xmas!).

I found these, LOVE them!
              CLICK THIS !
              Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Have you checked out Heather's stockings under "Christmas stockings and quilts?" The triangular one would be nice as well as the one made of strips.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

i saw that stocking but i dont know how she did it i would love to do the same one....

Comment

I have made so many stockings over the years in different styles from the traditional I am fond of this year to high heel, santa elve type, etc. Many color options - some people have pink trees, black and white ornaments and this year I made a stocking for a dear friend who is wild over black and white -
                    bw.jpg

another thing I have done is use up UFO's and cut them into stockings. Here I have used some left over red and white blocks from a quilt I just finished.

DP4 st.jpg

You can make real fast and easy stockings from old felted sweaters. I need to look on some of my older picture cd's but honestly, those are the fastest, easiest and sew much fun.

Good luck !

Nikki, I loved the flickr link - those Mary Jane's are too stinking cute! Easy to draw out, I would think and then applique.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Blondie, I love your idea of using up UFOs for stockings. I love your red and white one.
                      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Rats, now I have to make those darn stockings, and I thought I was ahead of the game! LOL.
                        Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                        Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

There is no such thing as being ahead of the game! What a comic you are! ROFLOL
                          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

MSQ has a stocking tutorial - haven't one just yet. I still have a few weeks before I'll panic. I have been cutting and sewing strips together in colors that aren't specifically Christmas colors, but will make great stockings.

Comment

thankyou blondie i think they are just beautiful....i think i might steal the stocking pattern on the buttom

Comment

Working...
                              X