Christmas ornament patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas ornament patterns

After reading Sharyn J's great post on the prairie point star ornament, I thought it would be fun to start a thread about ornaments. Anyone interested in sharing their favorite fabric ornament patterns, pointers and/or links? I'm going to try something I saw on the Joann website; simple, stuffed stars, minimum quilting to emphasize the star, pinked on the edges and a button sewn to the middle of the star. Simple loop for hanging tucked in before sewing it all together. BTW, the ones on the forum for the MSQC Christmas trees are awesome too; definitely lots of ideas there too. I might do some fussy cutting. I have some 5" squares that say joy, love, piece. I welcome new ideas.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Re: Christmas ornament patterns

For the forum ornament I just used Jennys tutorial on the tube pillowcase and mad it in miniature size. Came out cute. Think I might try to find some others to make in mini sizes. And yes, I am going to love this thread. Would love to hear some ideas.
    image.jpg
    The piece holding them together serves as the tag with my name and the year.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Use up those selvages!

selvage.jpg
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

very Merry Ornaments.jpg

QuiltMaker Nov/Dec 2015

Foundation piecing gives terrific detail to these seven quilt block ornaments.

Designed by: Carolyn McCormick • addaquarter.com

Skill Level: Intermediate

Technique: Foundation piecing

Appears in November/December '15. A digital pattern is available!
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Use up those selvages!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121935[/ATTACH]
          I love this idea. Putting this on the agenda for next year.
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Last year, I made these for MSQ ornament group. They're really fun to make and use up scraps!

retro mama: Home for the Holidays
            House ornaments (800x600).jpg

Fleece snowman ornaments: snowman (800x600).jpg

These are not ornaments, but cute project for covering Hershey candy bars with wrapper and a fleece hat & scarf.
            Attached Files

Comment

I found folded fabric ornaments from Quilted Ornament Patterns and Tutorials. These are beautiful. The look complicated but they are not. I did buy the pattern from the website because she advertised the instructions had a lot of pictures. I need pictures! Sometimes the free patterns just aren't detailed or photographed enough for me.

So, made pine cone ornaments for our Thanksgiving guests. Everyone really appreciated them. Here's a picture of the lot.

Pine Cones - Thanksgiving.jpg

I plan on making Christmas ornaments, too. I have an idea to use the Snow Globe pattern and use a picture printed on fabric for the center. Sometimes I have more ideas than time, so .... we'll see Here's a picture from the website.

Snow Globe.jpg

P.S. Love the selvage ornaments!
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Wow, what great ideas! I'm so impressed. Let's keep it going!
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

This all began in 1993,,, have kept it up and have 2015 ready to go.. some missing here,, but it's something i love doing)
                  Attached Files
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

This one showed in a newsletter this morning: Free Pattern: Moravian Star Ornament | 
                    Moravian-Stars.jpg
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I made my own patterns for these several years ago from my artwork. They are Victorian boots. The pic of two are about 3 inches. The other one are 8".
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last year when I saw these adorable log cabin ornaments I said that I'd make some this year. Still on my list but I haven't tried one yet.
                        Tricia's Log Cabin Ornament
                        http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ornaments.html

I love the quilted ball ornaments and made a half dozen last year but my arthritic hands didn't like making them. I bought a few smaller 2-1/2" balls to have on hand this year but haven't made any so far. I made elf pillow ornaments for those also receiving gift cards. Still an ornament to use once gift card removed. This one was for a crafter friend who adores birds. Heat 'n Bond used to adhere bird.
                        image.jpg
                        Instructions - Elf Pillows
                        Sew Thankful Blog » Blog Archive » Elf Pillows On Point Ornament ? Block Variation #1
                        Version 2 - Sew Thankful Blog » Blog Archive » Elf Pillows on Point ? Block Variation #2

Each year I make hand-outs for my mother (in assisted living) to give her friends and staff. This year she wanted me to make fabric tissue holders for the ladies instead of an ornament but I made candy cane reindeer holders for the men. They could be made into an ornament. A great stocking stuffer for kids too!
                        image.jpg
                        image.jpg
                        Instructions - Candy Cane Reindeer
                        http://thesewingloftblog.com/reindee...-cane-holders/

I suspect you were only interested in fabric ornaments but I'm also a sometimes crafter. Wish I'd counted all the beaded snowflake & cross and ribbon angel ornaments I've made over the years. These were made for my mother to give the previous two years.
                        image.jpg
                        image.jpg
                        image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by iluvbaking View Post
                          I made elf pillow ornaments for those also receiving gift cards. Still an ornament to use once gift card removed. This one was for a crafter friend who adores birds. Heat 'n Bond used to adhere bird.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]122064[/ATTACH]
                          Instructions - Elf Pillows
                          Sew Thankful Blog » Blog Archive » Elf Pillows On Point Ornament ? Block Variation #1
                          Version 2 - Sew Thankful Blog » Blog Archive » Elf Pillows on Point ? Block Variation #2
                          Such cute ornaments! I love the little elf pillows for gift cards. I'm going to make these. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Folded Fabric Ornaments

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvNU1pGd-Y

These are just plain fun!

Best Wishes,
                            DR
                            Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first!

Comment

Also love these stockings using the kids old blue jeans.

Nebraska Views: Christmas Stocking Fun

IMG_6755-john.jpg

Best Wishes,
                              DR
                              Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first!

Comment

Working...
                              X