X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Re: New To Me

Can't wait to try that pocket join! That joining the edges part is always what gets me, I guess and trim, guess and trim again a little more, etc. That video makes it look pretty easy. Thanks for finding it!

Leave a comment:

• Carolnnc
    replied

Thanks! Changing the way I've been doing my binding for 20+ years

Leave a comment:

• souledquilts
    replied

Patty, the little pocket, or opening you're referring to stays open. I don't like it that way. We all have our own ways of doing things, but I haven't had a single issue since I started doing them the way the video I posted shows.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

I have a question on the first tutorial shown. She does the binding and at the end just tucks the ends into each other. Do you sew that little pocket together or does it just stay open like that?? Thanks for the answer. (I know someone knows the answer)

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn
    replied

Seems so simple, yet we get so aggravated. Practice makes perfect.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

souledquilts, this is how I do it, too. But love seeing the video. The measuring is the key.

Leave a comment:

• souledquilts
    replied

Here's a link to how I do it. Works perfectly every time. Edited to add: No bulk to this method, can't even tell where the join is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEy9NXOK5c
    Last edited by souledquilts; October 25th, 2015, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• judimccl
    replied

This is the easiest way I have found for me to attach the binding and it works every time.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I love the final connection video. Will give a try tomorrow. I have stacks of things to bind laying around.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

That's how I've always done mine. I did try Jenni's way once and it worked fine, too. No binding tool for me - I've watched my friend struggle with it more than once.

Leave a comment:

• onebigmama
    replied

I find the first way of slipping in the tail to the folded end leaves a bulky binding at that spot. The second way (video "the final connection") is much smoother and very easy.

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

I found this a while back and it finally helped me do bindings with ease... she makes it simple...)

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Yes, the way I learned is very similar to this (first way). I find it very easy.
    Last edited by SallyO'Sews; October 21st, 2015, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SusanMarie1956
    replied

Thank You !!!

Leave a comment:

• laura44
    replied

Thank-you, helped me a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...