D9P variation on Moda Bakeshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D9P variation on Moda Bakeshop

I saw this tutorial today, and I think it is a great way to layout de D9P.
    Maybe this is well known all over the quilting world, but I had never seen this one before.
    I really like it, and that is said by someone who is not a big fan of the "normal" D9P block.

Hope you like it too, this makes a nice size quilt in no time at all

Mountain Blossoms Quilt « Moda Bake Shop
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: D9P variation on Moda Bakeshop

Thank you for sharing this!! I'm trying to decide how I want to do a baby quilt with 4 fat quarters that I have and some extra yardage. This would work well, plus help me practice (learn!) setting blocks on point before I jump into a bigger project!

Terri

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! I really like this too.
      ***Kathy***

Comment

That could make some interesting patterns. Thanks!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is really pretty with the white! It freshens up the " messy" look of the D9P when it is just put together randomly. I like a more " controlled" look of the D 9 P myself! Do you remember my layouts I shared with the forum in 2013? It was done on point like this but had D9P blocks for each block instead of solids between the blocks.

Comment

Thanks to my lovely Stripology ruler my pieces are all cut for this quilt and I have the 9 patches all laid out. Had to stop to make a phone call, but will get back at it and hopefully have the top sewn before supper!

I agree with you Jean, I love the solid white between the blocks! My 9 patches are pretty controlled as well, with just four fabrics and with two of them alternating between the centre and middle plus sign (all the blocks that will be cut that is). I can't wait to see how it looks!!

Terri

Comment

That is a great way to use up the leftover blocks too!

Comment

This would be a good one for those that want to try out the embridery machine on the white squares!

Jean could you share your quilt here
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish
                  That's very cool. But one thing, I thought I'd mention for those that might get confused. In the first line of her directions, she says to use 14 of your 5" layer cakes. Well, the 5" ones are from a charm pack. Not a layer cake.
                  It would be really cute for a baby quilt with the charms!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish
                    That's very cool. But one thing, I thought I'd mention for those that might get confused. In the first line of her directions, she says to use 14 of your 5" layer cakes. Well, the 5" ones are from a charm pack. Not a layer cake.
                    Her pattern called for you to use a layer cake and cut it into four sets of 5" charms. I do that all the time.

Every Layer Cake can be 4 Charm packs.

Comment

Here's a link to my thread showing off this quick baby quilt top!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...variation.html

Just a note, the pattern is clear if you follow it through, it tells you to cut your layer cake into charm squares. I just used 4 fat quarters to make charm squares and about 3/4 of a yard of solid. Once I add a small white border it will be more like a full yard of solid.

Terri

Comment

Well I just got confused. lol
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks Klasien... this is so pretty in a shorter amount of time! Something i look for a lot)) GB
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Eureka ! I just finished sewing and cutting some left over material to make a D9P, but didn't end up with enough squares to make a decent size quilt. Never thought of adding plain squares between the sewn ones. This has saved the day. Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
                            X