FMQ with a Plant Caddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMQ with a Plant Caddy

I'm fairly new at quilting and very new at FMQ. Halfway through my second quilt, I had an idea! I decided I could use a plant caddy to "rest" my quilt on while I did the free motion quilting. Off I went to buy one ($7) and it worked! I finished my little quilt with much better results and a lot less stress! Then after I finished it, I thought, "Maybe someone else would like this." So I did a very short clip and in it, I "pretend" free motion quilted that same quilt to show you how the plant caddy works. Hope someone can use this idea!

Re: FMQ with a Plant Caddy

that is a great idea. helps stop the drag on the quilt
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

What a great idea! That quilt is really moving...I have one so I will try next time I get to that stage.Thanks

Comment

That is a very clever idea! I think it will even help with straight stitch quilting. Put this on my shopping list. Thank you for sharing!
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

That's a real good idea. I love how interested your little girl is in what you're doing. She's a cutie!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So clever! Thanks for the video!
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

What a great idea. I think I may have to pick one up this week as I have 4 quilt tops I "plan" to try to get quilted this weekend.
              Debbie

Comment

What a great idea. The little bit of lift keeps it about the same height as the machine. The best part of this video is your daughter watching (and maybe wondering)! Thanks!
                ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
                George Eliot

Comment

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are quilter: "Hear Us Roar"... with ideas!!!!
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

The little girl in the video is my 5 year old granddaughter, Sadie, and she loves the sewing room! Thank you all.

Comment

Great idea - thanks for sharing!!
                      ***Kathy***

Comment

This is a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

Such a smart idea!

Comment

What a great idea! And I love the Junior Sewist watching and learning from mom. So cute. Don't you just love inexpensive DIY solutions?

Comment

Carol, great idea!!!! And Sadie seems to be keeping a close eye on your activities! LOL!
                              What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X