X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhondaRae
    replied
    Re: Rhonda's Really Easy HSTs

I usually do the tacking by hand with just a stitch or two. I have done it with a machine but the hand stitch is easier for me.
    I find the tacking helps with being more accurate when you join two hsts together. It helps you with not losing the points because one of the biggest reasons people lose points is when they don't make sure the hsts are accurately joined together. If you have one hst crooked even a little bit then your seam will be off and that is when the point disappears into the seam.

Leave a comment:

• Beccaroo
    replied

Originally posted by RhondaRae View Post
    Yes you are but it has never been a problem for me. I use a tack and tack everywhere the seams meet and on the ends. If you like you can also spray with Magic Sizing to keep it from stretching. Tho I've never had to do that.

Tacking is just putting a stitch across where the seam will go through. and if I am working with a larger size you can pin along the seam line also. I feel a tack holds the seams in place better than a pin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100904[/ATTACH]
    I can't wait to try your technique since there are so many blocks using HST. Tacking is also a new technique to me - - Do you hand tack or do it by machine?

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Since these are bias triangles, for me... Jenny's method is faster and easier. I really like making HST's with her method, and I don't have any trouble with bias.

Leave a comment:

• LadyB
    replied

What a great idea... thanks so much for you tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Rhonda
    Got the template! Thank you so much! Off to play with my scraps with my our template. It's so generous of you to send them our free.

Thanks again.
    Gina

Leave a comment:

• cjzacher
    replied

I would love to have one of your templates... I will try to PM you. I love the way you use it here thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• RhondaRae
    replied

You can send me your address in a pm. Thanks! Rhonda

Leave a comment:

• Barbara Gambrel
    replied

I would love to have one of your templates, looks like a time saver method. Where do I send my address? Barbara

Leave a comment:

• RhondaRae
    replied

Yes you are but it has never been a problem for me. I use a tack and tack everywhere the seams meet and on the ends. If you like you can also spray with Magic Sizing to keep it from stretching. Tho I've never had to do that.

Tacking is just putting a stitch across where the seam will go through. and if I am working with a larger size you can pin along the seam line also. I feel a tack holds the seams in place better than a pin.

Star Point - joining center blocks right 001.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Marg Layton
    replied

Thanks for sharing this. I have just one question about this. Aren't you now working with bias edges on the triangles?

Leave a comment:

• RhondaRae
    replied

Originally posted by Learner quilter View Post
    Rhonda, I have found EZ mini templates on-line, do you think that would work.
    As long as the template is square and is the size you want to use it would work fine. To use one of my original quilt block designs you would need a 2 1/2" or a 3 1/2" but if you are using the HST method just to make HSTs for whatever size you need then it should work.

Leave a comment:

• Learner quilter
    replied

Rhonda, I have found EZ mini templates on-line, do you think that would work.

Leave a comment:

• RhondaRae
    replied

Originally posted by wishful View Post
    very much liked your approach to HST. would you please send me the template. do you need mailing address or email address?
    these are hard plastic so yes I need your postal address. Please send it to me in a pm. Thanks! Rhonda

Leave a comment:

• wishful
    replied

very much liked your approach to HST. would you please send me the template. do you need mailing address or email address?

Leave a comment:

• RhondaRae
    replied

Originally posted by alba View Post
    Where or how do I send you my mailing address for a template?
    Send your postal address to me in a pm. Click on my name and under it you will see a menu. click on private message. then you'll see a window. put your info there and click on post reply

Leave a comment:

Working...
X