Did I See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I See

Did i see on u-tube a tut by MSQC about taking a 2 charm squares sewing up two sides and then cutting on the diagonal to get two half squres if so what was it called Thanks

Re: Did I See

I believe it was... take 2 squares (any size), sew all the way around then cut diagonally both ways and get 4 half sq triangles.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/missouriquilt.../2/ekYpJzHoW6E

I think this may be the one. I am not sure if there are others.
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        Did i see on u-tube a tut by MSQC about taking a 2 charm squares sewing up two sides and then cutting on the diagonal to get two half squres if so what was it called Thanks
        I just saw this tute too (or one like it), & she was making 4 patches. In fact, I made some of them & it really was easy. I'll see if I can find the one I saw for you. Maybe it's the same one you mean

Is this the one you mean?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCSo...feature=digest
        Last edited by plix; August 3, 2011, 09:24 PM.
        If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by plix View Post
          I just saw this tute too (or one like it), & she was making 4 patches. In fact, I made some of them & it really was easy. I'll see if I can find the one I saw for you. Maybe it's the same one you mean

Is this the one you mean?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCSo...feature=digest

oops! never mind....just realised you said "cut on the diagonal"
          senior moment....disregard
          If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

The link that Blondie put on is pretty much the same tut as the one for pinwheels that is included in the Sympoz classes. Begin with startch to keep the triangles from getting wonky. Experience speaking what little I have, learned this the hard way. LOL
            Mary
            A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Txgrandma, I saw this method and want to make the pinwheels. I was concerned about the Wonky triangles. Jenny says she doesn't have trouble, but I seem to. She uses better fabric than I, I'm sure. Will any spray starch do? That's so messy, any suggestions as to how to keep it from making a mess? Oh, and thanks for the advice, I thought I was the only one to be concerned about this. cindy

Comment

Originally posted by neetteech View Post
                Txgrandma, I saw this method and want to make the pinwheels. I was concerned about the Wonky triangles. Jenny says she doesn't have trouble, but I seem to. She uses better fabric than I, I'm sure. Will any spray starch do? That's so messy, any suggestions as to how to keep it from making a mess? Oh, and thanks for the advice, I thought I was the only one to be concerned about this. cindy
                I've used spray sizing and what i do is after sewing around all 4 sides, I spray and starch both sides of the charm square "sandwich" before cutting. Gives the fabric body and prevents it from stretching around so much. Worked wonders!
                Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                X