Computer Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Labels

This is a sheet of labels I made using my scrapbooking software and printed on my inkjet printer.

First I cut and 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of freezer paper and another of musline (same size). Ironed the fabric to the shiny side of the freezer paper. Mke sure you load it into your printer the right way - so it prints on the correct side. And print away and heat set with an iron. Works differently with different printers.

Problem... 2 days later when I pulled them out at the quilt shop to ask the best method to put them on the quilt (fusible web, applique, etc.) I noticed that they were already fading. The wonderful lady at the store (who is always happy and generous with help and information) said it would wash away soon anyway; even with the heat setting.

I was bummed because my handwriting stinks - in fact the harder I try the sloppier it gets. Artheritis makesit difficult.

Solution... the lady at te store (I've really got to learn her name) said she has the same problem so he prints the labels and then just writes over the print and recolors the designs with pigma pens.YAY! I happen to have a small set of colored pigma pens because the star blocks I did for the veterans' quilt required signing with a brown pigma and I could only get the brown in a set. Definately going to give that a try.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: Computer Labels

Let me see if I understand. After you print them you put your fabric over the printed label and trace it? Sorry, sometimes I just don't understand what I read. I'm a visual learner I guess. Thanks for your help, I have been looking and looking for a solution for this too! They are so much at the store!!!
    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Wait a minute, I got it, I read it again. You mean after you print it you go back over the printed label with your pens so it won't fade?
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Hey great idea! Wish I'd thought of that.
        Susan

Comment

Originally posted by craftyladysam View Post
          Wait a minute, I got it, I read it again. You mean after you print it you go back over the printed label with your pens so it won't fade?

You got it!
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Thanks Nancy, good idea! Gotta get me some more pens now!
            Saundra

Comment

Good Morning, Nancy
              These are neat. I have not done anything like this but really should. Truly, I can't half write any longer. I think this computer has affected me in more ways than one!
              Thank you for sharing this! Big hugs to you.
              Blondie
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Has anyone here heard of "bubblejet" or something like that... i've heard (in the shop i used to work at) that it is a soultion to wash your fabric in first...........this is to "set the ink" when you print.... not sure if memory is thinking clearly, but worth a "google" if you want to find out!!!... I'm a lucky girl, to be able to ME my labels... but sometimes i think it might be easier to give this a try!!!
                Have a wonderful weekend!!! hugs B
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                X