• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Navas
    replied
    Re: How to make a label for a quilt?

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
    I do something similar to what Sandy so eloquently outlined.

Sandy - is it a rule to put them in the RH corner? I'm a lefty and always seem to put it in the LH corner!
    Don't you remember the #1 quilter's rule? THERE ARE NO QUILTING POLICE. I'm left handed, too, but every quilt I ever had that was labeled I found in the lower right-hand corner . . . so that's just where I put mine.

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

I think you can put a label anyplace you want. I found a yard of labels from a quilt shop. They come 40 to a yard. You just cut out the label you want,write with a pigma pen or embroider on it and put it on your quilt. I usually put it on the back of the quilt on one of the lower corners. Have fun with it. Muslin works great too. Make your own. Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

I do something similar to what Sandy so eloquently outlined.

Sandy - is it a rule to put them in the RH corner? I'm a lefty and always seem to put it in the LH corner!

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Thanks again for the chuckle, Sandy! Dawn, I usually use muslin for the signature label, but always write it with a pigma pen. Maybe someday I'll get a machine that does embroidery!

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Sandy, who has time for housework??? I love your quote!!!!!
    "I hate housework! You make the beds, do the dishes and six months later you have to do it all over again!!"

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Dawn, I have used the same muslin that I've used on the back of one quilt, a contrasting fabric from another, some of the same fabric used in the quilt for another - I'd just use cotton. I put interfacing on the back and then when the embroidery is done I sandwich a like piece on the back and stitch them together so the back of the embroidery is inside. I sew one edge of the tag/label into the binding when I first put it on, making certain the label goes in the lower right hand corner once the quilt is on the bed.

Leave a comment:

• dpaulson512
    started a topic How to make a label for a quilt?

How to make a label for a quilt?

I would like to add a little something to the backs of my quilt, using my sewing machine's basic embroidery font...what "type" of fabric do I use to make a label?

Thanks so much!

Dawn
Working...
X