Printed Quilt Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Printed Quilt Label

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I make (print) about 150 quilt labels every year, and in my experience, the ink will rinse right out (off) these labels unless you use a product called Bubble Jet Set on the fabric first. Ironing does not "set" the ink, and I've tried homemade variations of this product and they don't work either. I've used both HP and Epson printers, and the ink has rinsed out of the labels made by both printers if I don't use the Bubble Jet Set first.

I've looked, and I don't see that M* sells it, so I will tell you that the best price I have found has been on Amazon. My LQS sells it for TWICE the price that I can get it online, so shop around. Also, if you google the product, you will find that Jenkins has a great deal of info on how to print labels.

Perhaps your printer will work, but I would test it first by rinsing it (run it under water) and drying it before attaching it permanently to a quilt. Good luck.

Comment

I found that if you soak your fabric in vinegar after you print on it will help the ink set. I did one and did not soak it, when i was washed the quilt, the ink washed out. Just a thought.

Comment

Thank you for the Vinegar tip! I will try that before purchasing e Bubble Jet Set...it's much cheaper

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

I just Googled Bubble Jet Set and lots of recipes came up. Has any of you tried them?

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

Good to know in pinch...but...I bought the package of fabric paper at Joann's ..reg $9.99 and I used 50% off coupon and got 10 sheets (8x10) of fabric paper for $5. I used one sheet to make 2 larger labels, and 3 times, another sheet for 3 smaller labels. I tape the top of the fabric paper to the top of a regular piece of printer paper and then just put it through as normal. Prints perfectly. Now that I know the deal.. I will figure the measurements to make 4 labels from one sheet of fabric paper. Don't get any cheaper than that!
            Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

My first thought was WOW !! I am going to try this THANKS
              The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Comment

Working...
              X