Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sewing Machine Cover Tutorial and giveaway! (new link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing Machine Cover Tutorial and giveaway! (new link)

I have been wanting to make my own sewing machine cover forever!!! The one that they come with is sooo boring. With my blog I got the opportunity to be in a Riley Blake blog hop and make one using their new Union Jack panels, Super excited for this opportunity

So here it is If you click on the link you can see a free tutorial on how to make your own and a chance at winning a FREE kit to do it! Sewing Machine Cover Tutorial and Giveaway!
    Attached Files
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Re: Sewing Machine Cover Tutorial and giveaway! (new link)

Paula this tutorial is really great, thanks! I would like to make one for my serger. I just paid to have it cleaned and serviced so I want to keep it that way. lol I can figure out the difference in size and shape, but wanted to put a hole for the handle. Any advice on how to do that? Maybe you could do a second tute on that
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
      Paula this tutorial is really great, thanks! I would like to make one for my serger. I just paid to have it cleaned and serviced so I want to keep it that way. lol I can figure out the difference in size and shape, but wanted to put a hole for the handle. Any advice on how to do that? Maybe you could do a second tute on that
      That's a good idea! I think if you just cut your hole in the finished top and then used some more bias binding to finish the edges it would work. The stretch in the bias binding would help you work around the tight spaces.
      To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
      Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

That looks great! I've been wanting to make one. I need a slit in the top but I think I can adjus your tutorial for it.

Oh you might want to name at least the first picture a bit more descriptively - the picture's name is what comes up when ppl pin your blogpost to Pinterest (like I just did). Just a tip.
        ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by sassyquilter View Post
          That's a good idea! I think if you just cut your hole in the finished top and then used some more bias binding to finish the edges it would work. The stretch in the bias binding would help you work around the tight spaces.
          Bias binding sounds like a plan! I don't use this machine as much as I used to and will need to semi store it on a shelf. She is so heavy to pick up from the bottom.

Thanks!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Super cute! Love the fabric too, now how I'm going to find the time to create 4 covers... lol

Thanks for the tutorial. Bookmarked your blog too!

Huggers, Ruby
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Working...
            X