periwinkle quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

periwinkle quilt

yes, I know, everyone else has already done one of these. but I am just starting one, and couldn't stand the thought of wasting all that material when I cut the 5.5 x 7 inch rect for each end of each block.

so I cut a WOF x 8 and then I could pretty much just lay the 8" along the sides of each periwinkle cut out. alternating sides of the WOF. sometime I would trim a half an inch off the 8" cut to meet better. (to waste less material) Clear as Mud?

Re: periwinkle quilt

Well not clear as mud, but. I do know what you mean about wasting fabric. I like to cut mine close, but having done some paper piecing, I like a little extra. I have this one ready to do in a project bag but it has a couple others before it
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

My fabric is cut out for this one too, but I have three tops I want to quilt and finish before I start piecing it. I'm excited to see your progress, and still trying to get the nerve to try my own.
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I have the mini periwinkle template and papers, but I think I get what you are doing. I think mine will be a smaller wof strip, since it is the mini version. Iam not sure where it is on the list in priority, so hope I remember this when I get to it.
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about
          Preeti
          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you for this post! I have wanted to do a periwinkle quilt for quite some time, but the thought that I would waste so much fabric in the process has prevented me from starting it. good to know that there is a way to maybe cut down on some of that waste... I will have to remember that!

Comment

Working...
            X