• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whirlygigs Tutorial :-)

Sew Preeti Quilts: Whirlygig Tutorial
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Re: Whirlygigs Tutorial :-)

Thanks, Preeti! I don't own a twister tool and this is a great tutorial! Great posting job!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I like this. Thank you.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Looks simple enough that even I can do it

Comment

thank you for the tute

Comment

Gourmet quilter did this block several months ago....you can find it on You Tube under Let's do the splits...she did several different things with the same block

Comment

OH I'm gonna check her's out.. I love her.... check my post for the whirly-gig "failure"....,,, having to fudge out something to make a quilt from all those cut pieces.. stitches wrong!!!
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I just read your post. Learned a new thing - FBTSOMP :-)
                I started with charm packs and the finished square required trimming because it was uneven. The whirlygig finished at 8.5" square.

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                OH I'm gonna check her's out.. I love her.... check my post for the whirly-gig "failure"....,,, having to fudge out something to make a quilt from all those cut pieces.. stitches wrong!!!
                Preeti

Comment

I've been working on one like this but using black background. I have 17 different colors all in the same design that I'm using. I did cut mine different, realized I messed that up too late to fix but it's all coming together anyway. I saw this years ago with bright vibrant colors on a black background and always wished I could make it.

IMG_3399 (800x600).jpg
                  Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Nice tutorial. I did a mini version of this pattern for a Bereavement quilt. It was quick and easy to do.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Nice tutorial and very clear. I like the simple method of cutting without needing a special ruler. Love the quilt. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial. Very good. I have been thinking about this block but the tute I saw said trim the squares to 4-1/2 x 5. Do you know which way works better? Trimming before or after? It looks like maybe your way is easier. Thanks again for all the pictures.
                        Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by vchale View Post
                          Thanks for the tutorial. Very good. I have been thinking about this block but the tute I saw said trim the squares to 4-1/2 x 5. Do you know which way works better? Trimming before or after? It looks like maybe your way is easier. Thanks again for all the pictures.
                          In the other tute she is trimming them in the beginning because you can cut several layers at a time. Then you don't have to trim each individual block.
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie is correct. It is simpler to trim/cut in the beginning.
                            This was my first time making the whirlygigs and I took a lot of pictures. Figured that I might as well share with others, even though it is not perfect :-) Next time, I will too trim in the beginning.

Originally posted by vchale View Post
                            Preeti

Comment

Preeti your tutorial was perfect! I was the one that actually posted the tute where you trim first like two years ago. I had some people pm me asking why do you have to trim first, like I was the one that wrote it. lol

There is no wrong or right way.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X