A tip for the perwinkle quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tip for the perwinkle quilt

I started working on my 1st periwinkle quilt last night. As I was attempting to trim the material into the triangle shape I was having a difficult time telling the difference between the paper and the white material. That's when I got the idea to use the frixion highlighters that DH bought for me. I slipped a piece of cardboard between the material and point of the wacky web paper. Then I colored the point of the paper. I colored the points on the 2 long edges because my center fabric is colored and much easier to see. It sure made lining up my ruler with the points much easier. And if for some reason some of the markings get onto the white material, they will iron right off.

I hope this helps someone else.

Carrie M in Ozark

Re: A tip for the perwinkle quilt

That sounds like a genius idea! I have a periwinkle quilt cut out too, but I haven't had the guts to try to stitch the pieces into blocks yet. I'll be watching for pictures of yours when you are done, Good Luck!
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I am working on the periwinkle now. Clever idea wish I had seen this before trimming all mine. It is difficult to see the paper against the white fabric.

Comment

Great tip! I will be doing the mini periwinkle soon and will keep this in mind! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X