Needle Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle Books

I've been seeing various needle books on blogs and must have been living under a rock b/c I'd never seen them before.... so I decided to make one...

Outside:

Inside:

Several folks asked how I did it so I put together a tutorial HERE... and this is the second needle book I made...

Outside:

Inside:

Used fabric scraps... the kitty needle book went to a friend of mine who quilts and the second is for me!
    You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Re: Needle Books

Freda, they are absolutely beautiful. Well done! I love the kitty one ... and I love the one for you too, and Oh, I love them both.

Mary B.

Comment

Your needle books are so cute Freda! Perfect for portable sewing!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

How cute! Nicely done!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Absolutely lovely! Love your blog too. I inheritted my mom's Martha Washington style (never knew it was called that, thanks) sewing chest full of neat sewing notions. Mine has wooden knobs. I love it.
          Last edited by Loonwatcher; April 27, 2011, 06:03 PM.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I love it!! I must be living under a rock too. I have never heard of a needle book either...

Comment

I love your needle books, what a great gift to give your friend.
              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Thank you, ladies! It's a fun quick project that uses scraps... something I seem to have a ton of!

You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Very pretty and a wonderful idea, I havent ever seen these before!!
                  My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Comment

Never heard of needle books either, but a wonderful idea to use scraps. Thanks for sharing. Just thought that I could use one on our vacation. I'll do one right away, I mean a needle book
                    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I saw these in a civil war quilting book I have, Remembering Adelia, these are too cute. Will be adding to my list
                      To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                      Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

I love both of them and for the tute.

Comment

These are adorable! Will make some for our charity fair....thank you for the tutorial. Very nicely done.

Comment

Working...
                          X