Jelly Rolls to Half Square Triangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Rolls to Half Square Triangles

Well, I am not quite sure why I didn't realize this sooner, but all of the fabulous Jelly Rolls that I have purchased from M* will soon be lots and lots of Half Square Triangles as shown here. What an easy way to create them!

LeMoyne Magic - Strip Pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs - YouTube

Cozy Quilt Designs "Lemoyne Star"

Re: Jelly Rolls to Half Square Triangles

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I recently came across that video after searching for quick ways to create half square triangles. I'm an instant fan.

Comment

I saw that. It is really cool and quick
        :icon_happy:Karen
        Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Actually, Jenny has already done tutorials that are quicker than this method. The star block that Cozy Quilt is demonstrating is Jenny's Big Star pattern, Just smaller. Jenny has also done a tube tutorial that is a variable of what Cozy quilt is doing, plus the 12 patch wouldn't be that hard to figure out.....Check them out. That is the wonder of Jenny's tutorials...once you perfect her methods, they lead to imagination and other ways to create......
          Thanks for showing this though...it's always nice to have another way to learn!
          Last edited by shermur; January 30th, 2014, 05:49 AM.
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I like the video but do you really need their ruler can't I use a triangle ruler I already have ? Just put the line on the sewing line to cut and get the same results ? I do like some of the pattern books though might buy one

Comment

Louise, no need for the special ruler. Jenny did a video for tube piecing technique using a square ruler with a 45 degree line. What hit me most as a duh why didn't I think of that was 1) cutting strips in half so you could mix and match and 2) using the tube technique with just two strips to create an assortment of HST blocks fast. Jenny's tute is for if i remember correctly 3 strips sewn together. Just use same concept, but 2 strips.

Comment

Could you share the link to the tutorial for the tube piecing technique that Jenny has? I searched for it and could not find it...thanks

Comment

I do have the ruler, but have yet to use it. I don't think it is something you need to buy special to make the blocks. I will look at it when I get home.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have the ruler too, it just happened to be a one of my shops. I don't think I would special order it though.
                    Lorie
                    🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

Cozy quilts is another place for inspiration.. lots of tutorials for "strip piecing", but they all seem to be the same sometimes...Jenny has much more variety in her tutorials and as said above.. open up the mind to be creative on your own!!!
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dena View Post
                        Could you share the link to the tutorial for the tube piecing technique that Jenny has? I searched for it and could not find it...thanks
                        Dena, the tablet I use is anti-link (more likely, I can't consistantly remember how) the tutorial you want to watch is called "Tube Tutorial, How to Quilt"
                        I have been noodling this idea around in my pea brain, and have a quilt pattern that requires making HST from 5 inch blocks the old fashioned way with the seams off of center mark, that since I am cutting fabric anyway, I am going to tube the 5 inch strips and I should end up with the same size HST's that you would otherwise individually sew right?

Comment

Are you not dealing with biased edges with this method? It is the same problem I have with Jenny's Big Star method. Starch, starch, starch! I am old fashioned. I use the square sewing down the line method. I make them so perfect with the ruler I have, and no biased edges.
                          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X