Microwave Bowl holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microwave Bowl holder

Have y'all seen these? My friend makes them and I wanted the pattern so I googled it and here it is!

Microwave Bowl Pot Holder | Seams Happy
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: Microwave Bowl holder

I have the right batting for these...I bought it awhile ago and still have not made any...need to get to it.
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I hope the Hobby Lobby has the batting...can't wait to make one!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

Thanks, been meaning to make some of these and I have a bunch of cute kitchen themed fabric.
        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I have made several of these . I gave some away but kept several for my self. These bowls sure are great for me 71 and my husband 76 to use . Saves a lot on burns and dropsies taking from the micro wave.
          sigpic
          Hugs Ann

Comment

I was going to make these last year ( feels funny saying that ) for gifts, so I'm going to start earlier. I also got some new dinner ware so I get some too!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank you so much for the link! Have printed out directions. Will make an awesome item for our annual hospital craft fair. Great idea, Kate!

Comment

With that same batting you can also make potato bags. They make the best baked potatoes in the microwave. I have also been told that they really steam tortilla shells nicely. I used Warm and Natural batting that I purchased at JoAnn's. I made about 20 of these a year ago for both sides of the family. I had a few asked for a new one this year as they had wore them out.

A word of caution. If you spill food on them make sure that you do wash them as that will cause them to burn. Sure don't want any fires in the microwaves.

My mother (87 years young) also uses it to hold her nightly bowl of ice cream. Claims her hands don't get cold that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JanaS View Post

My mother (87 years young) also uses it to hold her nightly bowl of ice cream. Claims her hands don't get cold that way.
                  That is brilliant! Hot and cold holders!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

[QUOTEMy mother (87 years young) also uses it to hold her nightly bowl of ice cream. Claims her hands don't get cold that way. ][/QUOTE]

I never thought of that...it is brilliant!

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
                      Have y'all seen these? My friend makes them and I wanted the pattern so I googled it and here it is!

Thanks so much for posting the link to the pattern -- I hope to make a lot of these for family and friends!
                      Dawn
                      A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post

I've been wanting to make this ever since I seen this post. I can't find the Tator Batting and our local Walmart doesn't sell Warm and Natural so Today I ordered the Warm and Natural from Nancy's Notions, hopefully it'll come soon because I'm not a very patient person when I want to make something.
                        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
                          I've been wanting to make this ever since I seen this post. I can't find the Tator Batting and our local Walmart doesn't sell Warm and Natural so Today I ordered the Warm and Natural from Nancy's Notions, hopefully it'll come soon because I'm not a very patient person when I want to make something.
                          That sounds like me. I was going to make some bowls today but got sidetracked with my new crockpot. I'm waiting for a cookbook, but I just decided to make something I found online. I just wanted to make something already! lol
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I want to make some of these too! I bought stuff to make the potato bags for Christmas, including the tater batting, but didn't get them even started. I may do some of both. If I start now, maybe I will have some done in time for Christmas 2014!
                            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I have got to make some of these. I have the batting that is used for pot holders, but I'm not sure if they can be used in the microwave. I have cotton batting scraps that I think would be better used for it.
                              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X