Jenny 2009 and now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny 2009 and now

I was rewatching Jenny's D9P video and the following one of Jenny's on how to make a 9 patch (2009) came up on the side. Jenny is so much more confident and professional these days. We are so lucky to have these videos. I hope she never tires of making them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quzu2H5xeGQ

Thank you Jenny, family and M*QC employees.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Re: Jenny 2009 and now

She has such a great sense of humor. I plan to journey to the MSQ this summer to take a class, I can't wait to do this. I'll bet it is a great time as well as a learning experience.
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Comment

She has always been confident and professional.......she just seems different now because she is not in pain with a broken leg!
      In that video and some others that she did at that time, you will see that she is sitting down....it is because she broke her leg.....but just like Marie Osmond, the show must go on!
      ~Kathy~

Comment

I didn't know about the broken leg. I shall retreat and put my film director's eyes back in their box.
        Last edited by Dalronix; January 13, 2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

WOWIE WOWIE! 100,000 Subscribers on YouTube! Amazing!

You may enjoy reading this!
          ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
            Thank you, Kathy, I did.

Comment

She has come so far since her first viewing. That quilt behind her is beautiful. I'm so glad they've been successful with their business.
              sigpicMISA
              I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

After meeting Jenny in person in the fall of 2013, I can understand how MSQC is successful. They have brought the small feeling and quality of life back to those who share a traditional passion. Thanks to the Doan family for the sacrifices and the ingenuity to make MSQC successful!
                Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
                  She has such a great sense of humor. I plan to journey to the MSQ this summer to take a class, I can't wait to do this. I'll bet it is a great time as well as a learning experience.
                  I hope you get to do this! It is a grand time and you can't get lost! Hamilton is a small community right off the highway and the store/retreat isn't far from the exit! Look up forum friends and put faces with names; you will enjoy the shop so much!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Like good wine, Jenny gets better and better with time!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
                      Oh wow! I loved reading it too, I wonder what the top 5 videos are actually. (This blog mentioned that the dresden plate tutorial is in the top 5)
                      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I think Jenny was always professional and confident, but I think she's gotten even more confident and more at ease with the camera as more tutorials have been filmed. They seem to be less scripted and more spontaneous. She does a wonderful job!
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I love Jenny's tutorials! I had always been scared to start quilting because it seemed to be such a HUGE major undertaking just to get started. After watching just a few of Jenny's videos, I knew that I really wanted to get started with quilting with Jenny as my 'quilting teacher'. I now have 2 quilt tops started. The first one is a double slice layer cake using 2 layer cakes from the He Still Loves Me line. Daisies are my favorite flower, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use this line. All I need to do is sew the blocks together and add borders and the quilt top is done. The second that I have just started is a disappearing 9 patch using Lovely charm packs. I was in such awe of the entries from the recent Iron Quilter contest that I fell in love with the Lovely fabric line. This second quilt top, I have just started making the initial 9 patches, and it is going together just great! I do have a charm pack & a layer cake from Kansas Troubles Favorites II, to make the Nickel & Dime quilt top. I also bought the rulers to make it super easy! Can't wait to get that one going as well. I don't want to get too many projects going at once for fear of something getting lost in the shuffle...

PaulaT in Indiana
                          Last edited by MrsOcean; January 19, 2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I love watching the older videos.... Jenny is more polished these days, but her genuineness and warmth have never changed... She is a true gift to the quilting world.... I, too, hope she never stops making tutorials.... It' like having a personal library of quilting goodness!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                            X