Envelope Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envelope Quilt

Here is where you can find great directions to make your own lovely Envelope Quilt!

Easy Envelope Quilt - Part 1 : Video : Home & Garden Television

There is almost NO quilting to be done -- The only issue I had was watch this several times so when you sew all along you do more of an 1/8" seam :-) Cute Cute and easy to do

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Re: Envelope Quilt

I agree Deb, I have seen this before and hope to do it someday....
    such a cute quilt!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

Thanks Kathy and Good morning (Evening) but who watches the clock :-)

Shermur saw a small 9 envelope quilt in my album and wanted to know how to so here it is - Easy and Fast, just like I like
      Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Thanks for this...I think this would make a darling Valentine quilt or a sweet table runner.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I did one years ago it was called Letters to home, it was a war quilt

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
            Thanks for this...I think this would make a darling Valentine quilt or a sweet table runner.
            You are sew right Barb! There are 3 parts to this...scroll down a bit and make sure you catch them all....they share many different ideas for this...and one is for Hannuka (sp?) with 8 pockets!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

That is a great idea for an advent calendar!!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I love that! I am going to make one for an advent calender next year at Christmas. I have been wanting to make one for years, but couldn't find a good pattern/style that I liked..but I like this one!
                Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
                  I love that! I am going to make one for an advent calender next year at Christmas. I have been wanting to make one for years, but couldn't find a good pattern/style that I liked..but I like this one!
                  An Advent calendar is a great idea. I've been buying the chocolate ones from the grocery store every year for the last 25. Time to give that up
                  My friends call me Peggy
                  The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Ahh, this video was a little blast from the past! I remember watching that episode of Simply Quilts when it first aired and loving this quilt!! I ended up buying the book this pattern is in and have made a few of these envelope quilts now. One still hangs on my daughters wall. She uses it as a jewelry box for her favorite rings, earrings and bracelets.

Thanks for posting the link and jogging my memory of this cute and easy pattern. I think I just might pull out some fun fabric and make another . . .
                    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

This is adorable and I have the perfect person to make it for. thank you for sharing.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

The link doesn't work for me.....
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

No Barb, it is not available anymore...................
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

The link is over 3 years old and no longer available. However, a picture might be helpful as there appears to be more than one version.

Here is one, posted 5 years ago. Print it quick!

http://shinersview.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html
                            Last edited by SewingBuddy; October 3, 2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Jenny did a tutorial for a quilt like this. Isn't it Love Notes?
                              https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YoUgnbl2W20GsA
                              And then there is Love Notes Star...
                              https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YoUgnbl2W20GsA
                              Last edited by snippet; October 3, 2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X