Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make your own Design Wall!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to make your own Design Wall!

    Here is a design wall I made for myself, for less than $25!!! What do you think? I am in love and do not know how I lived without one for so long....

    Here is the link:
    How to make your own Design Wall
    Attached Files
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

    #2
    Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

    I have the fons and porter piece so just need to get the foam board

    My question is does it stand up to using pins - or just stick pins?

    Love this idea because it will be easier to use than just putting the fons and porter on the wall
    :icon_happy:Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

    Comment


      #3
      Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

      what a great tutorial. i was wanting to do this, and had never thought about using insulation board. My DH even has some already that I can use. Thanks,
      Michele

      She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

      Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

        I have this, too. It's just dangling from the wall. The added board is an excellent idea.
        My friends call me Peggy
        The government calls me Mary Margaret

        Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

          I stuck the Fons & Porter design wall up on my wall with plastic Command hooks. I love this thing.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

            Well first I have to say I love your quilt! I bought that templet.

            I have a wall too and darn it's so helpful!
            🌺 Lorie

            Comment


              #7
              Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

              This is a great idea and you will get a lot of use out of it. I made one recently using pvc and flannel. Whatever you use, you won't be able to imagine life, (the quilting part, that is), without it.
              Grace-Ann

              What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                Another great use for Styrofoam! Have one with batting for a design wall, and a thicker piece on my quilting table to get the quilt UP at sewing machine level -- and easy to move out of the way when it's just piecing time. Had no idea there was a real "Design Wall" with a grid on it, how cool is that?!

                Thanks

                Debbie
                Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

                RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

                Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                  I love your idea and I find it amazing that when I was designing my sewing room I didn't think to leave space for a design wall on my wall. I got a 120 " decorative rod and have it hung on a shorter than that wall in front of the closet. I can extent it to the full length when needed. I got cafe clips to hang my Fons & Porter design wall on it and will be getting another one to really be able to use the full space. I like that I can pull it back to get into the closet if I need to do that.
                  Lisa

                  Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.


                  [/COLOR]

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                    I cut a piece of batting off my roll of warm & white, put some plastic grommets on it and hung it on the removable 3M Command hooks that I already had. It was a last minute decision so I used things I had available in the house. I've already had to move it once, and it was easy to do.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                      Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
                      I love your idea and I find it amazing that when I was designing my sewing room I didn't think to leave space for a design wall on my wall. I got a 120 " decorative rod and have it hung on a shorter than that wall in front of the closet. I can extent it to the full length when needed. I got cafe clips to hang my Fons & Porter design wall on it and will be getting another one to really be able to use the full space. I like that I can pull it back to get into the closet if I need to do that.
                      Good idea....mine is thumb tacked up above the closets...and it's a real pain when I want in them. I could not get the plastic hooks to stay up.
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri


                      Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                        Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
                        Good idea....mine is thumb tacked up above the closets...and it's a real pain when I want in them. I could not get the plastic hooks to stay up.

                        I got a really nice metal decorative rod for $13 at Big Lots. Christmas Tree shops has them almost as cheap. I should have just left a whole wall empty for this purpose but if I did I would have very little fabric storage.
                        Lisa

                        Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.


                        [/COLOR]

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                          I have the F&P design wall but very little available wall space, so this is a great option for me.
                          Thanks for sharing your awesome tutorial!
                          Now how am I going to get that foam board home? Mmmm....
                          I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                          It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: How to make your own Design Wall!

                            Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                            I have the fons and porter piece so just need to get the foam board

                            My question is does it stand up to using pins - or just stick pins?

                            Love this idea because it will be easier to use than just putting the fons and porter on the wall
                            No need for pins, so far everything just sticks to the flannel! Love it.
                            To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                            Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X