I posted to a blog for the first time today...Fabric Trays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted to a blog for the first time today...Fabric Trays

Yesterday I was going to try one of those oh-so-cute fabric boxes that have been all the rage here lately. I read the directions and thought I could make them. I should have printed them out. I missed a step and my fabric box turned out to be a fabric tray...fabric box.jpg

I thought it was cute so I posted a picture. Several people posted a request for directions, so I worked on it today. I felt like it needed pictures, so I made another one and took pictures as I made it. I was dreading the process of reducing them for the forum, and then it occurred to me that I did create a blog awhile back and maybe that would be easier. I've never posted to it; I just created it and then lost interest.

I'm pretty intimidated by the whole blogging process. It's been so long since I created it that I didn't even remember the title. I muddled through it today and here is my first post.

TADA!!!So Many Quilts, So Little Time!

Please, please, you bloggers, do you have any tips? I couldn't find what I was looking for in Google Support and I got so frustrated I almost aborted the whole process. I wanted to put a picture of the box I was trying to make. I did put a link to it. I kept on getting an error message when I tried to preview it, then I couldn't publish it.

I may never blog again but at least now you have the directions if you want to make a tray...
    Grace-Ann

What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Re: I posted to a blog for the first time today...Fabric Trays

Tray/box, it's the same, just a different shape. I have just as many uses for a tray as I do a box. What a great accidental creation!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

You did a great first blog....I left a comment for you there. Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have been a bit delinquent in posting to my own blog, but it is equipment issues on MY end. I love Wordpress for it's ease of use. Although I have been told that whatever you first learn on is often the easiest.

Good job!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

This is neat. The fabric box I made used 10" squares. How cool is it that you can get 2 different shaped boxes by altering the way you sew the corners.

Comment

Very cool tip about the tape! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thank you, Grace-Ann! Great job on the blogging.

Comment

Sew cute! I can see this with utensils and napkins in it for a buffet or a picnic, just match the fabric to the season or reason.
                Lisa
                :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

If you get an error message, it usually means something in your link is wrong. Need the http:// at the beginning and check for other misspellings. Hope this helps. Going to check you out
                  To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                  Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Working...
                  X