Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machine Binding Method Sewn COMPLETELY From Front of Quilt Using Stitch In The Ditch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine Binding Method Sewn COMPLETELY From Front of Quilt Using Stitch In The Ditch

For those of you wanting to try out different machine binding methods, I have made a new album as a photo tutorial of the method I used for my recent bed runner project. I think the secret is to cut your binding at least 3 inches wide so you have a little wider binding on the back side which will be more easily caught up by your stitch in the ditch on the front side. I used a 3/8 inch seam to attach the 3 inch binding to the front also. I hope to try this method several times and get better at the finished result. When done properly the stitch in the ditch on the front of your quilt will be almost invisible and the rear binding will have a nice, neat small seamed edge. If anyone else is like me and has great difficulty doing any hand sewing, this might be a method worth trying out.

Here is the link to the Album: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...mid=295&page=1
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Re: Machine Binding Method Sewn COMPLETELY From Front of Quilt Using Stitch In The Ditch

What a wonderfully visual tutorial. Thank YOU. I have not been successful with machine binding but may try this on a smallish project first. Thank you for sharing this.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Re: Machine Binding Method Sewn COMPLETELY From Front of Quilt Using Stitch In The Ditch

Wonderful job on the tute, Sewbee! I CAN hand sew... which doesn't always mean I WANT to hand sew, LOL. I'll definitely try this out!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Very nice. And i love your fabrics.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Thank You SOOO much! I've attempted to do it by machine before but without success, like you doing it by hand is very hard.

Comment

Thank you Sewbee!!!!!
            Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Thanks! Have to give this a try.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
              X