Ohio Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio Star

In the tutorial where Jenny shows an easy way to make half-square triangles with a ruler, taken from an idea from Cozy Quilt Designs doing the tube method, can this be done to make the pointy parts on the Ohio Star? I can't quite wrap my head around this. I understand how to make them, but how to attach them to make the Ohio Star is muddled for me.

The tut I am referring to is the intermediate block...the first one in the "see all videos" section.

Re: Ohio Star

I found the tutorial you're referring to - intermediate tut on using the tube method - I don't see how you would use this for the Ohio Star. I'll watch the whole demo and get back to you., though.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I found the tutorial you're referring to - intermediate tut on using the tube method - I don't see how you would use this for the Ohio Star. I'll watch the whole demo and get back to you., though. Just watched the whole demo. Nope, don't see how it could work for the Ohio Star.

Comment

OK. I wasn't sure. Thanks for your time.

Comment

No problem. The Ohio Star is a lovely block. Have fun with it.

Comment

I was just looking at the Ohio Star. One tutorial that might help is Jenny's tut on how to make the hour glass block. In order to use this method your background fabric and the center triangle fabric would have to be the same fabric. The points would be a different fabric. I'm not sure that would look right. Looks to me like the star is prettiest using three different fabrics. If it were me I'd just stick to the standard way to make the Ohio Star block.

Comment

Sometimes it's best just to leave things alone and follow instructions!

Comment

Working...
              X