Cool New Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool New Way

to use the Easy Dresden tool. Well, it's new to me, at least and thought I would share the link to the tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690sZ...eature=related

I really like the looks of these, and to get such different looks from cutting the wedges is so cool.

Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Re: Cool New Way

WOW... thanks for this link... i know what my next tool will be!!!!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

That's cool! Have to look for some interesting border fabric to try it. I love the Dresden ruler and haved used it several times for different blocks, including a tumbler quilt. Very versatile.
      Thanks for sharing this!
      Patti
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I love the idea of sewing strips together....thinking jelly rolls here, with a narrower strip for contrast, just think of the possibilities! Would make a cute cute table topper, in boys or girls fabrics or our favorites just for us.
        Lola

Oh, and a pillow topper for a round pillow.....still thinking here.
        Last edited by Lola2Ace; January 24, 2011, 09:23 AM. Reason: to add the pillow idea ;)
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Wow...what a cool idea. Gets your creative juices going. Thanks for sharing this!
          sigpic
          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

very cool!! definitely going to have to try that out!!
            Michele

Comment

The Dresden's are so easy to do and you can do so much with them. Wall hangings, quilts, table toppers, pillows, and they are all so pretty. The kaleidoscope effect is so pretty with them. As Jenny would say, "you're gonna love it!" That ruler just makes them fast and easy. Have fun with them. Hugs, Jan L
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I wish there was some way that I could plug myself into the computer and download all these ideas while I was sleeping - so I could be in the sewing room right now being productive with everything that's running around in this ole brain!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Lola----thanks for the link----very cool. I have so many "options" that my project list is growing by the second! I might need Sandy's dartboard, too! SuzyQue

Comment

Terrific tutorial, Lola! Thanks for bringing it to us. I recently bought the dresden ruler..... now to find some border fabrics.

Comment

thanks Lola - enjoyed that thoroughly! Gave me some ideas as well.
                      Hugs and blessings
                      Blondie
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                        to use the Easy Dresden tool. Well, it's new to me, at least and thought I would share the link to the tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690sZ...eature=related

I really like the looks of these, and to get such different looks from cutting the wedges is so cool.

Lola
                        Lola, Thanks for the link to the tut on the dresdan plate. Loved this new idea. Can't wait to use it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
                          ~Laurie

Comment

Working...
                          X