"Sew the Distance" Scrap Fabric Quilt Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sew the Distance" Scrap Fabric Quilt Block

I've recently become interested in Kris O'Neill's YT channel, Sew the Distance. She sometimes shows a vintage quilt she's found & discusses lessons learned. Her 2 recent videos show the old quilt & in another, the way to make the block. It would be be great way to use up scraps 2-1/2". The center square is 4-1/2". You can find Kris on YouTube.

Katrina ~ If you have baby fabric you wanted to use up, this might be a pattern you could use for some of those baby quilts. A person can use scraps, cut JR pieces, use charms, etc. She demos 3 ways to make the blocks. Check her out. The quilt pieces can be themed for a holiday or occasion, or just all over scrappy.

Pic 1 is one of her scrappy blocks. Pic 2 is the vintage quilt she discussed & got ideas from for the blocks. I think the block measures 8.5". But a person could adjust the block pieces to make a larger one, if desired.

Vintage block - 2 - 1-8-23.png Vintage quilt block - 1-8-23.png
    Last edited by JCY; January 8, 2023, 02:02 PM. Reason: Added pict ures

Looks pretty simple.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
      Looks pretty simple.
      And a quick quilt! I may just give it a try.
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Simple yet quite nice. I like it and may give it a try.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm going to look her up. I have a tub full of baby fabrics and any scrappy project is a keeper! Mercy, Groups quilt for 2023 is heading out the door in February. This is the first one for the church all the rest are going to Howard's cousins's families.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Going to look this up. Thank you. I make donation quilts this would be great.

Comment

Yes, this is a great way to use up 2 1/2”…..I made this block last year (larger center)…and set them on-point instead…lots of options…

7720FF47-67D6-4364-BC7F-19D5370B17E6.jpg
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I have been looking for this pattern since I found a bag full of double patch strips.
                Please, share the name of this pattern. Yours is really pretty
                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                X