New lines of tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lines of tutorials

Hey everyone!! We just purchased new equipment to film and edit the tutorials so you can expect even higher quality video tutorials coming soon, and more of them. My question to you all is this what do you want to see?

Tips and Tricks (pretty much skills) we've already done are
    Binding
    Trimming

What other ones do quilters struggle with sometimes? What suggestions do you have for this series?

Beginner blocks and intermediate blocks we've done are the
    9 Patch
    Fence Rail
    Hourglass
    Half Square Triangle

What would you love to see? What we'll do is que up all the suggestions and start filming. Then we'll release one new video a week starting with the first week of September. So get your ideas, suggestions, and demands in early and we'll get started!!

Re: New lines of tutorials

A while ago on the blog there was a tutorial for double hourglasses, and I really like the technique you used over others I've seen. That would be a great one. In that vein, anything that instructs on strip piecing or ways of stitching several steps at once.
    Thanks for all the tutorials and fun stuff you offer!

Comment

flip n' stitch
      applique
      working with patterns
      thread selection/needle selection
      using rulers as templates (ie. dresden plate, triangles, strips)
      how to cut straight (oh wait...that's probably just for me ops: )
      Michele

Comment

hahahah, Shell!

Thanks so far for the input! We will keep a running list so we can be sure to get you all what you want! SO, when you think of other things, just comment here......this is gonna be fun! You might just get sick of us, though!

Comment

I don't know much so anything would be good, but you have talked about the dresden block and tool. I would like to see that. I also liked the scalloped edge on a recent baby quilt posted on the blog, so would also like to see that on a tutorial. But really I LOVE the tutorials, so anything would be a blessing to me. Oh anything applique too!
          sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Thought of another one............paper piecing sounds interesting too!
            sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

paper piecing is awesome!! We are definitely going to be doing some of that!! Keep the ideas rolling ladies! You girls rock! Thanks!

Comment

tutorials are lots of fun! till somebody gets hurt!

Comment

The other day the daily deal was a turnover, but I don't really know what kind of projects you can do with turnovers. I'm sure I could probably figure it out on my own, but ideas are always nice too. Maybe you could make a tutorial with turnovers. Oh and I'd love to see a tutorial on pinwheels and also how to do all the finishing touches that make quilts so fabulous. (Can you tell I'm new at quilting?)

Comment

I would like to see how to machine quilt. Tips for stippling or quilting a pattern. Nothing too complicated, since I am a beginner. I have two lap quilt tops pieced and I usually send them out for quilting, I love the look but it can be so expensive. I would love to able to do this on my own. Your tutorials have been awesome. Very helpful.
                    Niki (Niurka)

Comment

Ok so I was watching your tutorial on Honey Buns and you showed these adorable quilts with flowers. I LOVE them and I want to learn how to do that.

Comment

It is SOOO easy!

Just take your charm pack, sew two rows (however long you want it) together.

For the circles: use your charm squares (5inch square) iron on fusible web, trace a circle almost as big as the square. (you could use a cup or bowl for the circles, if you want to)

then use a coordinating fabric, and trace out and cut a smaller circle. repeat, for as many flowers as you want.

Use honey bun strips for the stems....

cut out leaves, out of remaining charm squares. (We used woodland bloom, and soiree.)

We also, just ironed them on and machine stitched them on the top.

Easy peasy, and SO cute!

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I swear it is easy as pie! Good luck! You will have to post pics when you are done!

Comment

Thanks! I'll have to try it out. What did you do to the stems and leaves to make sure the fabric didn't fray? Oh and what did you use to make that cute squiggly line? Do you sell that stuff? I'm so excited to make this quilt because I think it would look fabulous in my daughter's bedroom, plus I found some adorable wall decals that would go perfectly with a flower quilt. Eeeeeee I'm so excited to get started!

Comment

I am up for a tutorial on the basics of paper piecing. For some reason I can't get my head around how it actually works. I can read a whole page of directions and descriptions, but I look a lot like this when I am done. :shock:
                            I haven't made the time to work through it on my own, so a video tutorial would be ideal.

Thanks!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie
                              Thanks! I'll have to try it out. What did you do to the stems and leaves to make sure the fabric didn't fray? Oh and what did you use to make that cute squiggly line? Do you sell that stuff? I'm so excited to make this quilt because I think it would look fabulous in my daughter's bedroom, plus I found some adorable wall decals that would go perfectly with a flower quilt. Eeeeeee I'm so excited to get started!

The fabric is actually left 'raw edged' so it will fray a little. But you will stitch over it, so it won't come up.

The squiggly stuff is JUMBO ric-rac. Yes, we do sell it....and It is awesome! It is so fun to use. WE have used it on aprons, quilts, on table runners, you name it we have embellished it!

I am so excited for you. You are gonna love it.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X