Quick and Easy Mask Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and Easy Mask Tutorial

The mask tutorial can be viewed here: . It's pretty self-explanatory, just follow the steps as shown in the video. To enlarge the mask, I cut the fabric 9.5" x 14.5". The elastic is 7". Finished mask photos below:

*~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

I love all the 'oragami' masks that come out from Japan. I happen to have that fabric in my stash, I just looked at it the other day.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Looks great going to give this one a try. Thank you!!!

Comment

Hmmm. I just might have to give this one a try. It looks simple enough. I do need to make a few more masks for myself since it looks like we're going to wearing them for a long time. Thanks for sharing the video link.

Comment

Looks easy, but I'm wondering would you need to re-iron the folds after every wash?

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point. Maybe safety pin it and put in a net bag so it doesn't get that distorted?

These look like there is some breathing room compared to the muzzle (lol) looking ones.

• MRoy
            MRoy commented
            Editing a comment
            I hand wash pleated masks and iron them to help hold their shape. I'll do the same with these.

Since your pics aren't showing up, did you like the style, comfortable?
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks for the video Myrna, I can't use the ear loops, but will make this as is, then I just make a elastic head band extender with buttons so it goes around the neck instead of the ears. Did anyone notice the machine she used? there's no foot pedal, it's on the machine itself!!
            Last edited by ktdid; August 20, 2020, 04:16 AM.
            Kathryn
            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              Since your pics aren't showing up, did you like the style, comfortable?
              I don't know what happened to the pics. Yes, it was comfortable. It fits me better over the nose and under the chin than the pleated masks and doesn't slip down as much.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I will make one of these today.

Note: I made one of these this morning and the nose wasn’t right for me or Jeff. As cute as they are and fun to make I have to pass on this pattern. Everyone’s face is different and we can’t all wear the same mask. They are great if you have the right face for that design. Quick, easy and fun to make.
                Last edited by Bubby; August 20, 2020, 08:52 AM.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I made 2 of these this afternoon. I wasn't too pleased with the way the top, over the nose, piece fit. The jury is out on this one. I'll wear them a while before I decide. It was a lot of bulk to sew through, esp. over the elastic, etc. On the 2nd one I made, the left a wider opening for turning it right side out & put it in the center, rather than at the corner. That seemed to work better.

Comment

I hadn't seen this pattern . Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/
                      this is the one I made. didn't use directions, just sewed it up. used twisty ties over nose area but forgot to put pleat in sides until done. but did it then. fits well over nose and sides near ears and goes under chin. I've seen so many masks on t.v. that hardly fit at all. mostly disposal ones. they are better than none though.

Comment

Working...
                      X