Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a "Rhombus Gemstones" Quilt with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star (Video Tutorial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a "Rhombus Gemstones" Quilt with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star (Video Tutorial)

Where is Annika this morning? Here is the new tutorial. I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhfmHlW-sbE
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Hmmm, I didn't get the email like I usually do from M*
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      The tutorial e-mails come much later in the day than they used to -- at least that's what I've noticed. They used to be in my inbox when I logged on at 6 a.m. Not any more.

I love all trellis patterns and today's DD would be perfect for this pattern.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I want to try making this with a layer cake so the diamonds are different prints and the jelly roll part is a one-color sashing.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea.

• Hulamoon
        Hulamoon commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing!

This is fun and looks like a quick quilt. I’m frugal with my fabric and will cut each rhombus from the end of the strip, maybe stack 4 or 6 strips then cut so there’s not much waste.

Comment

that is nice. i saved that one. I have the template but have yet to use it. this looks very interesting. a bit of waste but life is full of waste.

Comment

I love it too, maybe use a garden scene panel and a all white trellis themes....
          Sew sew sew.
          So? So? So?

Comment

• Monique
            Monique commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome back! Haven't seen you here in a long time.

This looks easy enough. I’m like Jenny though..angularly challenged (seriously). For me it’s mostly an eye issue.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You could get this affect with a Kaffe Fasset layer cake. Close to it at least.
            fasset quilt.jpg

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• redcaboose1717
              redcaboose1717 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to agree with Joy here!!! I love KF fabrics. I have 5 charm packs of the Pink KF and haven't yet decided what to do with them! I want to order some of the blue FK fabrics (yardage) and make some placemats for some gifts. I usually always make pillowcases to give as gifts, but I think making some placemats to change things up a little bit, might be my 2021 gift idea to make for the family and close friends I exchange Birthday gifts with.
              I always make pillowcases for the adults in our family (friends too) for Christmas. I've made pillowcases for everyone since 2000-2001 for Christmas. A few years ago, I didn't do the pillowcases for Christmas gifts and while everyone of the adults were pleased with the gift I gave them, you could tell that they really enjoy the pillowcases a great deal.
              Anyway, I agree with Joy here. I also have thought about doing a quilt like this one, but I'd have to get KF Layer Cakes to do this quilt :
              https://youtu.be/EBQTM_Z0t2I
              This quilt has been on my bucket list for several years and this just might be the year I'm going to start making this quilt. I'd never thought about using Kaffe Fassett fabrics, but I can see how gorgeous this quilt would be using Tula Pink's fabrics as well.

• sewUK
              sewUK commented
              Editing a comment
              Aah! that's much much better

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy you could easily cut them using the grid lines on your ruler, I think.

I think that is just a 60% cut, most rulers have a 60% line. I have been imagining that pattern with some fabric I don't want to cut too small.
            The sample quilt looks so fresh and happy.

Comment

Working...
            X