Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny's New Video Tutorial Classes on Sympoz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny's New Video Tutorial Classes on Sympoz!

I'm going to toot Jenny's horn a little here for those of you who don't know she now has a professional series of in-depth quilting videos available for purchase on the Sympoz.com website. I just learned about it today, checked out the site and signed up for her "Quilting Quickly: Patterns, Techniques and Tips" lecture series. I think there will be info posted soon on her blog but thought I would post a heads-up note here also.

I had never heard of the Sympoz site before but after watching the first hour or so of videos I really like the format! After signing up for an individual video lecture or the whole 10 part series, you can watch the videos anytime you like and as many times as you like. You can pause the video, rewind or skip to other chapters as usual, but it also includes "Discussions" that allow you to ask questions that Jenny will ultimately answer. Other students taking the course will also post their questions and answers and so it is a cool way to share information and get further clarification about quilting tips/techniques shown in the videos. You can go back and check out the Discussion threads anytime to see what has been added.

There are downloadable PDF files that give you the material lists for all the projects Jenny does in the videos, website links for tools and a general recap of very useful information you will want to have on hand as reference when you start the projects yourself. There is also a very cool pattern for a charm pack tote bag!

Here is a link to the YouTube video where Jenny announces the new professional series of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwj2C...eature=channel

Here is a list of the lectures covered in the whole 10 part series:

Table of Contents
    2…………………….……….……………...Session 1: Quilter‘s Toolkit
    3……………….…………….………...…Session 2: Charm Pack Quilt
    4……………………………………..Session 3: Disappearing 9-Patch
    6………………………………..Session 4: The Super Easy Pinwheel
    8……………………………………………....…Session 5: Jelly Cakes
    9……………………………………..…..…Session 6: Altered Squares
    11……………………………………………....Session 7: Jelly Charms
    12………………………………………......…..Session 8: Strip Quilting
    13…………………………………...…..Session 9: Finishing Your Bag
    14…………………………………………..…...……..Fabric Resources
    15……………………….………………..…..…………………..Glossary

Make sure if you are interested in purchasing the lecture series on Sympoz that you use the link below....it includes a fantastic discount off the usual price.

http://www.sympoz.com/app/ext/MO_Star2

Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Re: Jenny's New Video Tutorial Classes on Sympoz!

YAY!! THanks for posting about this....
    Michele

Comment

I went to the site, I purchased the tutorial, I have watched all but the last 2, I was pleased to find out that I had already learned a lot from Jenny's store tutorials, I do not regret the purchase and these tutorials are more in depth and quite enjoyable. I am a happy girl this evening on this snowy night in Chicago.

Comment

I love the the lessons too. Laura, that sweet girl, gave it to me for Christmas. Isn't she a love! Anyway, the lesson plan is great and it does add extra tips and tricks and is a great teaching method. I can't wait for her next one! Jenny is such a rock star. She is sew professional and yet warm and sweet. She teaches so that you remember what she taught.
        And you can ask questions of her and you can interact with other course members. I love the way Jenny teaches cause she is like a good friend that wants you to shine. She doesn't talk down to you, or make you feel like an idiot. She's brilliant and wants to share her love of sewing and quilting as an art form. You are the best Jenny!!! Hugs, Jan
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I am so glad you are enjoying the classes! It was so much fun to see those familiar names in the class list! Thanks for the feed back and all the kind words. You guys are great! Thanks Again!

Comment

Does this mean the end of new quilting tutorials on U-Tube for "Missouri Star" Quilt Shop? Very nice set-up on Sympoz. Jenny does a great job and so nice they preview the lessons so you can get an idea of what you're buying.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
              Does this mean the end of new quilting tutorials on U-Tube for "Missouri Star" Quilt Shop? Very nice set-up on Sympoz. Jenny does a great job and so nice they preview the lessons so you can get an idea of what you're buying.
              I'm pretty sure someone would die if they tried to stop mom from doing her tutorials. Everything is "share knowledge, we all benefit" with her. I've tried to stop her from doing what she wants in the past... umm big mistake. You don't think that woman can move, but she's agile like a jungle cat - beware.

Love you mom

Comment

Very funny Al. Spoken like a true son! Love it! Sounds like my sons. You go Jenny someone has to keep them in line. And just because you are of age Al, doesn't mean a thing, once a Mom always a Mom no matter how old you get. One of the funniest things I saw was my 93 year old Grandmother giving my 70 year old Uncle what for. So get used to it, it's not going away! Love you, Jan
                Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

LOL gotta love it. I just seen Billas Avitar status. Hes a 9 patch princess, lol. Sorry Bill but I needed a huge laugh and this fit the ticket!
                  Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                  PAULA

Comment

Haha....Al is a 9 patch princess....too funny!! doesn't really fit in with the cool & hip YSGLCG rep does it??
                    Michele

Comment

O in my post I almost forgot. Thanks for the work you put into the making of this new style of tuts. I cant wait to get mine.
                      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                      PAULA

Comment

WHAT AN AWESOME SERIES......... I've watched all the MSQC tutorials and I thought Jenny was a great instructor. This afternoon I purchased and viewed this entire series and I'm just so happy that I did. This series is very basic in it's approach to quilting and for me that's what works best. The chapter on jelly rolls and strip quilts (and the awesome bag tutorial) is worth the price of the entire series, all by itself. As I said....I thought Jenny was a great instructor (before this series) ... know I can honestly tell you ...... Jenny is a wonderful, articulate, awesome teacher. YOU ROCK, GIRL.
                        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I have signed up for Jenny's Tutorial Classes and I love them. I found out about them on facebook. What I love about them is that you can watch them as many times as you want and if you stop in the middle the next time you go back it remembers where you left off. The demos are great. You can print up a list of all the materials you need. Thanks Jenny. Money well spent. Elaine
                          Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

I purchased this course and loved it so much I gifted it to a freind of mine that just had a baby. Everything I have learned about quilting so far I have learned from Jenny's tutorials I am to intimidated to take a class. I am so glad I stumbled upon the Missouri Star website I love it!! The best $20.00 I have spent in a long time. I hope that there will be more down the road.....have a great weekend everyone~~

Comment

I bought the video series yesterday and watched ALL of them! They are as addicting as the youtube tutorials and now I have a choice between them! I loved them and am excitedly waiting on Jenny's next video tutorial.
                              Thank You Jenny and family for alll that you do for us.
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X