Pillowcase tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillowcase tutorial

I am new to all this! I might be asking a silly question but does anyone know how to figure the measurements for different size pillows? I am not good with measurements! I absolutely love this site! The directions are great other than the sizes I need.

Re: Pillowcase tutorial

Originally posted by Smileyface View Post
    I am new to all this! I might be asking a silly question but does anyone know how to figure the measurements for different size pillows? I am not good with measurements! I absolutely love this site! The directions are great other than the sizes I need.
    I guess what I mean is what are the measurements for the width and height? Like for travel size pillows, regular size, and queen size.

Comment

Hi Smileyface and welcome to the forum!
      I am like you and in need of dimensions for different size pillows. I just haven't taken the time to see if there are any guidelines online for them.
      I will have to try that in the very near future and will share the info when I come across it, if somebody hasn't already beaten me to it.
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Standard Pillows...20 x 26 inches
        Queen ...20 x 30
        King...20 x 30

Travel 11 x 14...or 11 x 16

Throws...14 x 14, 16 x 16...or any size you like..

Hope this helps...

Comment

This is a great question!
          So, according to the measurements given above, and knowing the tutorial from Jenny says to cut one piece 27 inches for the standard pillowcase, I am guessing you add one inch to the largest measurement of the length you want (i.e. Q=31) and go with that. Am I correct?
          In the tutorial, Jenny cuts a 27 inch piece, and I am guessing the width is 44 inches, since she didn't give another measurement for width and that is the standard size of cotton fabric off the bolt.
          So, following that figuring, for a travel or kid's pillow, I would want to cut a piece of fabric 22 or 24x15 inches and then, follow the tutorial on pillowcases to add the border.
          I hope this works. Thanks for the question...it made me think through how to cut the size.
          I want to try this size for my grand daughter! Debi

Comment

This is what I did for a 12 x 16 travel/chair pillow purchased at JoAnnes......I took the plastic wrapper off the pillow and used that to measure the amount of fabric needed. Sounds simple and it is. Just buy the pillow you want and use the plastic cover.

Comment

Thanks to all of you! It meant a lot to me that others would reply! I am going to get started on these right away!

Comment

Working...
              X