binding tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

binding tool

so, hi ya folks,,, i am just about to use the binding tool. i had to watch vid again just to be sure how to use it...

pictures coming soon

wish me luck!!
    gina from mpls, now from northern MN
    all the best
    Gina

Re: binding tool

GOOD LUCK...report back!
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Gina, just used mine and had trouble with cutting my fabric straight then forgot how to attach it and forgot about the tut. I just had my mind on sewing! The mind is the first to go they keep telling me.LOL Not straight but the same width all the way down. You know what I mean?giggles
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

yep. i am glad i had the video to watch. i still messed it up. i need to relearn what 12 inches ar. but the tool itself worked great. glad i bought it... will come in handy over and over..

picture coming soon.
        all the best
        Gina

Comment

Would you please explain what binding tool you are discussing?
          Karlee, San Antonio, Texas
          www.journialong.com

Comment

There is a binding tool for sale on MSQC for helping you do a biased ending to your binding on your quilt. Look for the tutorial and it will explain everything. Mostly cause my words aren't making any sense. Just go watch the tut. hugs, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/noti...ducts-inc.html

thanks Jan... this one... check out the vid on it... it did make it easier... but still need practice... but it works...
              all the best
              Gina

Comment

Originally posted by ginampls View Post
                http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/noti...ducts-inc.html

thanks Jan... this one... check out the vid on it... it did make it easier... but still need practice... but it works...
                Thanks for the info. I watched the video and it explained the tool nicely.
                www.journialong.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2PajesRvU

This is the link for the more detailed tutorial.
                  Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I believe there is binding tool confusion here, and I want to help straighten before everyone gets too confused!

The "Binding Tool" as MSQC calls it is the smaller ruler just used to help you attach the already cut binding easier. It is also great for making French Braid quilts...there is a tutorial for that as well.

The Bias Binding tool is a lot larger and it helps you cut bias binding from a 1/2" yard of fabric. It is used to cut the strips on the bias. Bias strips aren't considered as necessary as they used to be, but if you are trying to do curves, such as a scalloped border, they are quite necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                      I believe there is binding tool confusion here, and I want to help straighten before everyone gets too confused!

The "Binding Tool" as MSQC calls it is the smaller ruler just used to help you attach the already cut binding easier. It is also great for making French Braid quilts...there is a tutorial for that as well.

The Bias Binding tool is a lot larger and it helps you cut bias binding from a 1/2" yard of fabric. It is used to cut the strips on the bias. Bias strips aren't considered as necessary as they used to be, but if you are trying to do curves, such as a scalloped border, they are quite necessary.

Lynne, you have been, as all the great new Gals, I am meeting, soooooo helpful. Thanks so much!
                      www.journialong.com

Comment

I did it, I used the binding tool. I followed the tutorial step by step and it was perfect. I have never put a binding on a quilt before, and this was great. Perfect, so excited.

Comment

I bought the binding tool from MSQC, and am anxiously waiting on life to settle down so I can get a quilt finished and try it out. Doing that part of the binding has been my least favorite part and put off getting back to quilting for a long time simply because of that.
                          Lola
                          :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                          X