Bored at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored at work

Does anyone else get distracted by quilts at work? I'm working in a very boring local government office at the moment and I find it very hard to concentrate sometimes. It's amazing what you can do with a bit of imagination and a spreadsheet.
    Attached Files
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Re: Bored at work

Well...I think you should get back to work! JUST KIDDING!!!
    I am at work too! I check every morning to see what's new. Heard a rumor over the weekend that we might be closing in August, if it's true it's scary, but I am ready to jump into something new. Would love to get a dream job at a LQS but the one right by me closed early this year. Maybe I'll break up with the BF and move half way cross the country! Wouldn't be the first time I've done something life changing like that!
    Anyway, I find it makes me more productive if I take a few minutes (okay - more than a few!) to get my quilting fix before everyone comes in.
    Shame on me and back to perusing my various quilt stops!
    See ya Jr!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

now that is some serious Excel talent!!
      Michele

Comment

Wow, and I thought I knew excel well. What a way to use a program and they look great!
        sigpic

Comment

Wow! I can see in your future a tutorial titled "How to make quilt patterns on excel"! That's amazing!
          http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
            Well...I think you should get back to work! JUST KIDDING!!!
            I am at work too! I check every morning to see what's new. Heard a rumor over the weekend that we might be closing in August, if it's true it's scary, but I am ready to jump into something new. Would love to get a dream job at a LQS but the one right by me closed early this year. Maybe I'll break up with the BF and move half way cross the country! Wouldn't be the first time I've done something life changing like that!
            Anyway, I find it makes me more productive if I take a few minutes (okay - more than a few!) to get my quilting fix before everyone comes in.
            Shame on me and back to perusing my various quilt stops!
            See ya Jr!
            Patticakes you wouldnt happen to frequent James VanPraaghs website would you ??........
            "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
            :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
              Does anyone else get distracted by quilts at work? I'm working in a very boring local government office at the moment and I find it very hard to concentrate sometimes. It's amazing what you can do with a bit of imagination and a spreadsheet.
              coolest thing I've ever seen on excel, outside of the flight simulator hidden in the 97 version, this is awesome jrchapman

Comment

Wow! That is some intense Microsoft Excel skillage! I consider myself an Excel pro and there's no way I could do that! Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisaau View Post
                  Patticakes you wouldnt happen to frequent James VanPraaghs website would you ??........
                  No Lisaau...should I ??
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

The boredom situation has gone to red alert. Some construction workers cut through our phone line this morning so we have been without phones, computers, photocopiers and faxes. I've resorted to good old pen and paper.
                    Attached Files
                    Quilting through the dull times
                    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Cool! I think the Excel at my job is ancient, but I may try to do something. I think about quilting too while at work Sometimes I almost go crazy from the boredom. No internet either!
                      Shelia

Comment

Working...
                      X